Manager, Sales and Marketing
COMPANY: [MASTERCLASS WORLDWIDE]
POSITION: [ SALES AND MARKETING MANAGER]
Reports to [GENERAL MANAGER]
DEADLINE: 30TH October, 2016
All applications including CV and any other relevant document must be submitted electronically through firstname.lastname@example.org
Masterclass Worldwide is a Training firm and an independent knowledge based company with the largest knowledge content database available in digital and hard copy formats of various learning materials. The materials are in the audio, video and written format.
We work with various organisations and resource persons (RPs) or experts in various sectors including lecturers, coaches, authors, speakers, counsellors and consultants worldwide to develop such content with the purpose of sharing the content through public organized events, inhouse training, team building programs and through various media and market channels/outlets for profit and nonprofit purposes. Such outlets include Tv stations, Mobile Phones, DVDs, VODs, Online Tv, Books, Online Magazines, Online Books etc.
Sales and marketing manager position is responsible for planning and implementing sales, marketing and product development programs, both short and long range, targeted toward existing and new markets by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates
- Develops and implements strategic marketing plans and sales plans and forecasts to achieve corporate objectives for products and services.
- Develops and manages sales/marketing operating budgets.
- Plans and oversees advertising and promotion activities including print, online, electronic media, and direct mail.
- Develops and recommends product positioning, packaging, and pricing strategy to produce the highest possible long-term market share.
- Achieves satisfactory profit/loss ratio and market share in relation to preset standards and industry and economic trends.
- Ensures effective control of marketing results, and takes corrective action to guarantee that achievement of marketing objectives falls within designated budgets.
- Oversees and evaluates market research and adjusts marketing strategy to meet changing market and competitive conditions.
- Monitors competitor products, sales and marketing activities.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with industry influencers and key strategic partners.
- Guides preparation of marketing activity reports and presents to executive management.
- Establishes and maintains a consistent corporate image throughout all product lines, promotional materials, and events.
- Directs sales forecasting activities and sets performance goals accordingly.
- Directs staffing, training, and performance evaluations to develop and control sales and marketing programs.
- Directs market channel development activity and coordinates sales distribution by establishing sales territories, quotas, and goals.
- Represents company at trade association meetings to promote product.
- Meets with key clients, assisting sales representative with maintaining relationships and negotiating and closing deals.
- Coordinates liaison between sales department and other sales related units.
- Analyzes and controls expenditures of division to conform to budgetary requirements.
- Assists other departments within organization to prepare manuals and technical publications.
- Prepares periodic sales report showing sales volume, potential sales, and areas of proposed client base expansion.
- Reviews and analyzes sales performances against programs, quotes and plans to determine effectiveness.
- Directs product research and development.
- Business Acumen.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Customer/Client Focus.
- Presentation Skills.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Results Driven.
- Strategic Thinking.
- Technical Capacity.
This position manages all employees of the department and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within that department.
This job operates in a professional office environment and field areas with regular client visits outside office. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms and requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Saturday up to 1:00 P
Travel is primarily part of this job. The manager is expected to travel from time to time while performing his or her job
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in sales, marketing or business administration or equivalent number of years of experience
- Five (5) years of related experience with progressive management experience.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
[Experience working in a human resource and training company is an added advantage]
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.