KINYAGO TRAVEL AND TOURS
TOURISM OFFICER- JOB DESCRIPTION
- Processes advance deposits on reservations..
- supervising staff
- preparing tourist or visitor information
- producing promotional material and displays
- managing budgets
- writing reports, business plans and press releases
- making presentations
- maintaining statistical and financial records
- undertaking day-to-day centre management and administration
- liaising with local businesses and the media
- Market research.
- Makes and confirms reservations for passengers on scheduled airline flights: Arranges reservations and routing for passengers at request of TICKET AGENT or customer, using timetables, airline manuals, reference guides, and tariff book.
- Types requested flight number on keyboard of on-line computer reservation system and scans screen to determine space availability.
- Telephones customer or TICKET AGENT to advise of changes in flight plan or to cancel or confirm reservation.
- May maintain advance or current inventory of available passenger space on flights.
- Processes reservations by mail, telephone, telex, cable, fax or central reservation systems referral.
- Processes reservations from the sales office and other travel partners.
- Knows the selling status, rates, and benefits of all packages plans.
- Knows the credit policy of the company and how to code each reservation.
- Creates and maintains reservation records by date of arrival and alphabetical listing.
- Processes cancellations and modifications and promptly relays this information to the customers
Application Deadline: 10 Oct 2016