The Ariel Glaser Pediatric AIDS Healthcare Initiative (AGPAHI), an affiliate of Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Organization (EFPAF) is Tanzanian led and managed national organization focusing largely on HIV and AIDS and other related health programs. AGPAHI implements all its programs in collaboration with Tanzania Government Entities through the Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MoHCDGEC) and President’s Office-Regional Administration and Local Government (PO RALG) and other stakeholders. AGPHAHI supports the provision of high-quality HIV and other health services and ensures that efforts are well-integrated into existing regional and district health systems.
AGPHI will be implementing various projects that are highly demanding and thus the organization is looking for a motivated, result drive, qualified and competent staff to feel various management positions as per the AGPAHI organogram.
The Ariel Glaser Pediatric AIDS Healthcare Initiative (AGPHI) intends to recruit several positions to hold different leadership positions in the organizations. The successful candidates will lead the different components of the organization with the aim of achieving the organization’s mission and vision and specific project goals and objectives.
Position: Zonal Program Manager
Duty Station: Shinyanga
This position will report to the Executive Director and will be responsible for all management and leadership at the AGPAHI Zonal Office. The successful candidate will be responsible for.
- Supports Regional Program Coordinators to provide operational and administrative support to project officers and local partners at the Zonal level (Shinyanga, Simiyu, Mara and Tanga regions) and promotes an organizational culture where AGPAHI’s values are practiced.
- Human resources management including performance management at the zonal office
- Overall oversight of all programs activities to ensure effective implementation.
- Ensure all programs resources (Finances, logistics) are available and properly Managed to ensure smooth implementation and accountability.
- Establish and maintain good relationship with all partners (including government officials and other stakeholders) in the respective regions.
- Advanced degree in program management (e.g. MBA), healthcare management or other relevant field. Degree in clinical medicine or nursing desirable.
- Management or health management added advantage.
- At least 5 years demonstrated experience implementing and managing health care programs (This includes human resources, procurement and sub-grantee management, development of regional strategies, budget and work plans).
Knowledge and skills:
- Experience in managing a large office and professional staff
- Proven leadership in team building, and demonstrated ability to achieve results
- Demonstrated experience in documentation of program results including but not limited to analysis, interpretation and presentation of data.
- Should be equipped with excellent written and oral commutation and presentation skills in English and Kiswahili.
- Experience in health program management.
HOW TO APPLY
AGPAHI is equal opportunities employer and these positions is open to all, but ONLY qualified candidates should submit a CV and a cover letter explaining how the experience detailed in the CV will contribute to the requirements of the position and references to AGPAHI.
Submission can be dropped physically or by post in the address below:
Kazi Services Limited
3rd Fl. Infotech Place, Plot 565, Kawe, Mwai Kibaki Rd.
P.O. Box 34023
Dar es Salaam
Deadline is: Friday 14th October, 2016 at 5pm.