Zambia Cargo & Logistics Limited (ZCL) is a multi-million-dollar international logistics Company operating a regional and global business. The Company
recently changed its name to reflect the organization's new mandate and new vision as per recently approved Strategic Plan for the next five years i.e.
2016 to 2021.
The Company was established in April 200 1. ZCL is a wholly owned state enterprise of the Government of the Republic of Zambia, supervised by the Ministry of Transport andCommunications based in Lusaka. The Company's current corporate head office and its main operations centre, Mukuba Depot, is located in Kurasini area, in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania next to the dockyard. ZCL recently incorporated a company in Zambia and current office is based in Ndola.
Hitherto, the Company has been handling mainly mineral cargo, especially copper, but over the years the Company has diversified its revenue base to
include agricultural related cargo and other general cargo.
The Company offers a wide ranging freight logistics services including clearing & forwarding, handling, stuffing into containers of cargo or container de-stuff, storage of cargo and transportation of cargo to the port from the depot. The Company offers also a through service from the port of Dar es Salaam to Zambia and Democratic Republic of Congo. The Company is a registered Gross Weight Verifier with SUMATRA.
For a more comprehensive view of the Company, kindly visit the Zambia Cargo & Logistics website (currently named MOFED website) at www.zamcargo.co.tz. ZCL as an equal employer wishes to invite all suitably qualified and experienced Tanzania citizens to fill up the position of
To ensure that company's policies, procedures and regulations are adhered to by all employees, particularty on Staff Imp rest, Loan and Advances. To facilitate customers getting Invoices and statement of account from time to time.
1. Staff Imprest:-
• Checking, recording and maintaining the staff imprest account.
2. Trade Debtor's Collection: -
• To ensure that all customers are paying on time based on their contracts: this is done by ensuring invoices are provided to the clients: ensuring
statements are provided to the clients on a monthly basis; making regular visits.
• To attend to any queries raised by customers.
3. General Ledger: -
• To reconcile the general ledger with subsidiary ledgers
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE SPECIFICATION TO THE POST
• Computer knowledge including account packages such as Tally and QuickBooks Pro 9. However, this is not a limiting factor for any suitable candidate
who may have knowledge in other accounting packages.
• Be honestly and trustworthy
• A person of positive attribute and of determination to succeed
• Be flexible
• Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND WORK EXPERIENCE
• At least three (3) years of experience as Assistant Accountant.
• A Bachelor's degree in any commercial field. A degree in an accounting filed is a definite advantage.
• CPA (T) 2014 - Certified Public Accountant or an equivalent recognized international qualification in accounting such as ACCA. CIMA.
• Team player
• Person of high integrity and ethical standards
• Good command of English and Swahili.
Interested candidates should send Application letters, Photocopies of Academic Certificates, detailed Curriculum Vitae (with three references including
addresses, telephone numbers and e mail addresses) to:
Attention: Human Resources OIficer,
Zambia Cargo & Logistics Limited,
(Formerly MOFED Tanzania Lid)
P.O. Box 195638,
OAR ES SALAAM.
And/or Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date of application is Monday November 21 st, 2016 at 17:00hrs for receipt of.applications,
Phone Inquiries on this matter to the Company and any applications received after this stated deadline will not be entertained.
ASSISTANT ACCOUNTANT - ZAMBIA CARGO AND LOGISTICS LIMITED