OUR MISSION: CHILDREN BY CHOICE NOT CHANCE
The purpose of this role is to assist internal systems Examiner to carry out an independent assessment of the effectiveness of the policies, procedures, internal controls and standards by which the organizations financial, physical and information resources are managed.
• To work and assist internal systems Examiner to ensure that systems and processes in place are fit for purpose. To ensure that all major financial and management systems and procedure risks of the organisation are identified and analysed, on a regular basis.
• To assist internal systems Examiner in planning, organising and carry out the internal assessment function for the Country programme, including the preparation of an assessment plan which fulfils the responsibility of the department.
• To assist the internal systems Examiner to coordinate coverage with the external auditors and ensure that each party is not only aware of the other's work but also well briefed on areas of concern.
• To understand key donor compliance requirements to build into internal systems assessment scope of Country Programs.
• To detect instances of fraud and / or non-compliance and bring them to the notice of the Country Director / Internal Systems Examiner
• To gather data, analyse facts and report to internal systems Examiner which will assist him/her to correctly report on the value for money that the organisation obtains in all its activities with special regard to economy, efficiency, sustainability and effectiveness
• To provide necessary information/finding to the internal systems Examiner which will be the basis for provide management with an opinion on the internal controls in the organisation.
• To report to the internal systems Examiner on findings, recommendations and risks in relation to Country Program audits which s/he was engaged.
• University degree qualifications in B’COM accounting, B’com Finance and related field from any reputable and recognised University.
• Hold a recognised professional accounting qualification (e.g. CPA, CA, ACA, ACCA, is also desired and will be an added advantage)
• Thorough knowledge of the principles, procedures and practises of accounting, financial records, donor compliance requirements and transactions processing.
• At least 2 years working with auditing firm or working in accounting departments.
• Experience of using computerised accounting and auditing record keeping systems.
• Experience of establishing and retaining effective working relationships with staff and ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Ability to gather, analyse and evaluate facts. .
• Knowledge of and working with donor funded programmes will be an added advantage
If you feel that you are able to meet the requirements and you are motivated enough to be part of the team, please send your applications including a cover letter detailing your suitability and why you are interested to the address below. Director of Human Resources and Administration Marie Stopes Tanzania 11 Kinyonga Street Plot No. 421/422 Mwenge Kijitonyama P. O. Box 7072, Dar Es Salaam. Telephone: +255 22 277 4991 or via APPLY NOW button below