To support the Relationship Manager with the day to day running and maintenance of a commercial portfolio: providing a central office-bound contact point for the customer, responsible for the actual preparation of credit applications and supporting loan documentation - Credit Origination Fulfillment, monitoring all loan facilities in the portfolio (on a joint responsibility basis with Credit Division) on a daily basis against set parameters/ conditions, adding value to clients through the identification of cross-selling opportunities and Sales fulfillment support
• Provide a 2nd face office-bound point, for a portfolio of Business relationships/clients.
• Perform a liaison role between the Customer, and all other internal support divisions of the Bank.
• Educate clients regarding the parameters and routine procedures governing complex but standard commercial product, solution and service offerings.
• Origination, credit fulfillment and portfolio management (Lending support and risk management)
• Interpret business and financial information e.g. consolidated balance sheets, complex financial statements and management accounts with inter-company loans and borrowings and/or off shore holdings etc, to prepare and motivate non-scored credit applications in line with Credit requirements.
• Mining i.e. investigating and understanding customer’s portfolio data to identify opportunities for additional facilities.
• Explain, promote and cross- sell additional value adding solutions to existing customer.
• Identify sales leads, in consultation with the Relationship Manager, for Product Houses e.g. Vehicle and Asset Finance; Business Online; Property Finance Division, Foreign Exchange, LCB (liberty Life Corporate Benefits) etc
• Analysis and interpretation within the areas of broad business and credit risk, financial accounting, as well as general banking policies and procedures, is required to: interpret consolidated financial balance sheets, ratios, cash flows, playability etc. pertaining to commercial businesses, prepare and motivate applications to Credit, recommend additional facilities to existing clients.
• What to do is clearly defined but the Account Analyst has some latitude in determining how to arrive at solutions by applying custom or precedent. Sources of reference are readily available where problems encountered are outside of the jobholders’ frame of reference.
Preferred Qualification and Experience
• B.Com/B.Admin or other relevant qualification
• Good knowledge of general banking practices, processes and procedures.
• A thorough knowledge of administration processes and procedures pertaining to Business Banking transactions.
• Good numerical skills and financial acumen to interpret and evaluate financial statements, balance sheets and ratios and cash flow cycles.
• A good working knowledge of financial spreadsheet applications (e.g. Excel) to capture and analyse financial data.
• Ideally, previous experience as a Business Assistant/ Business Banker to gain exposure to lending principles and customer servicing. And/Or
• Ideally previous experience in a back - office Account Support/Customer service support role to understand how to deal with the customer as well as to understand how to process customer queries and requests. And/OR
• Previous experience in Credit/Credit Direct/Retail Credit Collections as a Credit Analyst responsible for assessing Credit applications.
Job ID: 19751
Business Line: Personal & Business Banking
Division: Business Banking
Job Sector: Banking
Location: Dar es Salaam
Salary Grade: SBG09