MSF Switzerland (MSF-CH)READVERTISEMENT: BASE & FACILITY OFFICER
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, humanitarian, non-governmental organisation providing assistance to people in need as a result of natural and man-made disasters, irrespective of race, religion, ideology or politics.
MSF Switzerland (MSF-CH) is currently seeking to employ a qualified candidate for the following position:
Function: BASE AND FACILITY OFFICER
Start date: ASAP
Report to: Project Logistics Manager / Logistics Coordinator
Salary: 1142859.00 THS Gross per month
Location Dar es Salaam Coordination office
Scope of responsibilities
Carry out or supervise all maintenance logistic activities in the base (vehicles, fuel consumption, local infrastructure) according to MSF protocols in order to have the material, infrastructure and vehicles in optimal running conditions.
- Plan vehicles movements, track individual trips, and ensure implementation of security measures
- Track consumption of supplies, fuel, lubricants, used in different facilities (office, house, store, etc.) and report monthly to line supervisor.
- Check domestic waste is correctly discarded. Check the maintenance of the various open spaces (gardens, courtyards...).
- Check and ensure the maintenance of MSF premises and facilities, as well as the general water supply, electrical, walls, ceilings... and security conditions. In this sense, make inspection visits to assess the rehabilitation needs of facilities.
- Perform maintenance of logistics equipment for cold chain, energy, IT and radio communications, in particular:
- Inventories and the reallocation of equipment.
- Renew the authorization to use radio material with local authorities.
- Checks the quality of the work carried out on generators and electrical installations.
- Prepare orders for his sector activity, do the follow-up, check their proper reception and state.
- Carry out local purchases and ensures that the line manager is aware of any problems linked to the quality or availability of the items to be purchased.
- Participates in trainings at the request of the line manager.
Education: Secondary education, additional technical or vocational training required
Experience: Desirable experience with other NGOs. Technical or vocational background desirable, i.e. mechanics, construction, electrical etc.
· English and Swahili Required
Computer literacy required Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word
· Stress Management
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application letter and a detailed CV to the HR department at MSF Switzerland via email email@example.com latest by:
Saturday 26th of November, 2016 at 2pm in the afternoon.
Please be sure to indicate in the subject line of your email the position title `` Base and Facility Officer TZ101-1 ``.
Women are encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be invited to an interview.