Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and Communication Manager
About the company: Green Resources Limited (GRL) is a subsidiary of Green
Resources (www.greenresources.no) GRAS is a Norwegian owned private forest
plantation company, whose core business is to develop industrial forest plantation,
process and sell forest products in domestic and external markets in East Africa. GRL
manages plantations in the Southern Highlands, and engages directly with the local
communities on social and development projects. GRL is looking for a CSR and
Communications Manager who will oversee the organisation's CSR projects and
manage both internal and external communications.
Location: Mafinga, Tanzania
About the Position:
The CSR and Communication Manager will be overall responsible for managing the
Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Projects of GRLas well as the company's
external and internal communications. She/He will report to both the Environmental &
Social Governance:Diyector,at'corporate level, and the' Managing Director-of.GRL, at .
the country level. l
She/He will ensure that CSR projects (such as Community Development Projects in
local villages) are carried out to the highest standards expected by GRL, in a timely
and efficient manner. In addition, the individual will be responsible for the
communication and reporting of the projects to stakeholders both in Tanzania and
The CSR & Communication Manager will promote a positive public image. She/he
must have excellent communications skills (both written and oral) and pay close
attention L') detail. It is critical that she/he understands the importance of targeted
communications, has demonstrable knowledge of how to select the most effective
communications medium for specific audiences, and is able to adapt his/her writing for
relevant stakeholder groups.
The chosen candidate must possess a positive attitude, and be able to foster good
relationships with colleagues and external stakeholder groups. He/She must be a team
player, who is dedicated to helping GRL achieve its CSR and communication goals.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Ensure GRL's CSR Projects are effectively managed and implemented
(including managing budgets) .
• Manage and implement the Organisations approved plans and policies
associated with this position, including but not limited to the: Stakeholder
Management Plan, Grievance Management Plan, and Communications Plans
(Internal and External)
• Manage the CSR and Communications Teams
• Liaise and communicate with internal and external stakeholders to help foster
good relationships, and ensure effective partnerships and communications
• Produce reports and communications materials, and manage the company's
social media profile
• Any other duties assigned by the MD and ESG Director
Required Qualifications, Skills and Competencies
• Required: Higher Education Diploma or Degree in Community Development
(or other relevant subject). Beneficial: Masters and/or additional
training/specialisation in Community/Rural Development, Communication,
and/or Sociology. \. '
• Minimum of five (5) years' experience in implementing Community
Development projects, preferably: in rural Tanzania \ .
• Experience in Corporate Communic<ljtions, including the development of
written communications materials, and organising events
• Good networking skills (preferably with an existing network of private,
government, and general public contactsin Tanzania)
• Project Management and planning skills, including budgets
• Understanding of various stakeholder audiences and how to leffectively target
and communicate with specific groups
• Proven track record of effectively managing a team
• Willingness to work mainly in a field setting
• A strong team player, willing to work in a dynamic and adaptive environment
Please forward your application (CV and Cover Letter) to
email@example.com no later than the 25th November 2016. Please note-that
only successful candidates will be contacted.