The Arusha Urban Water Supply and Sanitation Authority (AUWSA) is a legally established entity responsible for the overall operations and management of water supply and sanitation services in Arusha City. It is among of the best Authorities in Tanzania.
The core function of the Authority is to deliver excellent water supply and sanitation services for all categories of customers and stakeholders in Arusha City.
In order to attain its vision and mission, AUWSA is seeking to recruit dynamic, experienced, competent and qualified Tanzanians to fill the following vacant posts within the Authority's establishment.
CUSTOMER SERVICES MANAGER:
- . Minimum Required Qualifications and Experience:
- The successful applicant must be / have:
- Holder of a Certificate of Secondary Education / Advanced Certificate of Secondary Education from National Examination. Council of Tanzania (NECTA).
- Holder of a Bachelor Degree / Advance Diploma in Marketing, Business Administration, Economics, Finance, Commerce from a recognized institution.
- Holder of a Master Degree in Marketing, Business Administration,
- Economics, Finance, Commerce from a recognized institution.
- Should have at least ten (10) years of relevant work experience out of which at least two (2) years should be at a senior position.
- Employment Terms: Three years Contract - Renewable upon satisfactorily performance.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- To advise the Managing Director on effective means of deling with AUWSA customers.
- To oversee the development of policies and plans for attracting and satisfying customers.
- To oversee monitoring of water supply at public supply points (such as water kiosks and stand pipes).
- To supervise connection of new customers as well as disconnection and reconnection.
- To ensure the customers are informed of all developments with regards to water and sewerage services.
- To manage meter readings, calculation of bills and preparation of Invoices (billing).
- To analyze existing customers or potential customer needs and devise appropriate methods for their satisfaction.
- To monitor the revenue collections from customers and devise appropriate policies or plans to ensure timely payments.
- To set-up and control annual billing or revenue collection targets depending on the service supply and demands of consumers, and devise appropriate methods to achieve them.
- To conduct performance appraisal to all staff under the department
- To monitor and facilitate continuous customer surveyor inspections to ensure that all customers are registered and that water supplied to consumers is billed according to the agreed procedures.
- To prepare and recommend tariff setting formulas and required prices depending on the established costs. to address customer queries and complaints
- To perform any other relevant duties as may be assigned by the Managing Director.
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to apply by sending their application letters attached with certified copies of relevant certificates, testimonials and detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV).
The CV must incorporate all contacts telephone numbers, mobile, box numbers, e-mail and physical addresses.
Form IV and VI result slips are strictly not accepted.
NECTA, NACTE or TCU.
Only short-listed candidates (who meet requirements) will be contacted for interview.
Applicants who will submit fraudulent documents will be subjected to criminal proceedings.
Applicant who have earlier applied for the post which are currently re- advertised should not submit their application.
In addition to the qualifications mentioned, the incumbent is expected to possess the following traits:
Excellent communication skill.
High integrity and ability to adapt to changes quickly.
Capacity to work hard, under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
Ability to work under teamwork spirit, establish and maintain effective working relations with different people and stakeholders.
Ability to work under minimum supervision.
Applications should be addressed to the undersigned so as to reach him/her not later than 21 st November, 2016 16:30 HRS
ARUSHA URBAN WATER SUPPLY & SANITATION AUTHORITY
Tel: + 2547186, 254 8981,
Fax: 254 7163,