RAKGas Zanzibar Limited (the "Company") is a subsidiary of RAK Gas L.L.C an International Oil and Gas Company with its main head office operating in the United Arab Emirates. We are an upstream exploration company, initially planning a 'seismic program. The Company is seeking to employ' a Financial Accountant to handle and assist the Finance Manager with the accounts of RAK Gas L.L.C subsidiaries in Zanzibar,
Oversee the Company's accounting systems and procedure, and ensure they are up to date and in compliance with all applicable local accounting standards, International accounting standards, statutory and regulatory requirements.
Process payments and capture all the vouchers in the accounting system ready for producing various financial reports.
Maintaining and review all costs incurred for exploration of oil and gas for the purpose of costs recovery allocation during production stage as provided by the production sharing agreement (PSA). Should be very conversant with keeping records of all costs incurred and exploration stage, development stage as well as production stage.
Prepare a periodic financial report monthly, quarterly and half yearly report as well as annual financial statements ready for audit.
Handle all statutory audits by liaising with external auditors and respond to all audit queries.
Prepare and filing of all statutory reports and ensures all statutory payments are made on time.
Prepare statutory reports such as PAVE, Pension, VAT return and withholding tax and ensure payments is made on due date to the authorities.
Keep on safe custody the Payment Vouchers for all issued payments and other relevant documents like supplier's invoices, LPO and delivery notes.
Prepare monthly cash call in time and send to head office for funds disbursement to the company for the operations to run smoothly.
Preparation of Petty Cash vouchers ready for approval and depositing cheques/cash together with collecting of statements.
Co-ordinate with suppliers for payments and maintaining accurate and up to date accounts payable.
- Have a sound working knowledge of Finance environment.
- Conversant and understand clearly internal procedure regarding to general payments.
- To meet deadlines as required by head office and other government agencies.
- Be conversant and adhere with financial regulations and policies of the company.
- Have a good knowledge of accounting for the oil and gas industry, especially for companies in upstream operations.
- Be able to work within specific deadlines and under pressure.
- Working knowledge of the products, benefit structures and Master Policies
- Understand and be conversant of TRA and other statutory regulations.
- Good working knowledge of computers, computer literacy
- Time management and organizational ability
- Organized and self-disciplined
- Able to prioritize work and work under pressure
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to use Pastel, Excel and Word.
The Company, an equal opportunity employer, welcomes applications from all Gender and Diversity. Make sure that we are able to
give your application consideration:
Please send your application to email@example.com and ensure to attach copies of your academic
qualifications, CV and Cover letter in English.
Source: Daily News 25 Nov. 2016