Job purpose and summary: To lead, co-ordinate, facilitate and provide technical support aligned with Plan International’s Gender Equality (GE) Policy and the project GE and adolescent sexual and reproductive health and rights (ASRHRs) strategies in the areas of gender and ASRHRs to the project team, local partners and other stakeholders in the implementation and management of Project
• Assists the Senior Health Program Manager and all other project team members to integrate gender responsiveness and adolescent friendliness in the design and management of the project.
• In collaboration with other team members and partners, leads and supports the development and implementation of the project GE Strategy and annual work plans and ensures adolescent friendliness integration.
• Leads in developing all project audience specific trainings (project staff, partners, government and community stakeholders, health professionals, managers and frontline workers etc.), guidelines, resources and other collateral for the effective mainstreaming of GE in all activities.
Qualification, Experience and skills
• University degree in Social Sciences or related field and back ground in Gender Studies or related field will be an asset or equivalent work experience.
• Demonstrated experience of developing and implementing gender transformative and gender integrated strategies and programs.
• Demonstrable experience in advocacy, especially around gender equality and adolescent girls’ rights related issues
• A thorough understanding of the Convention of the Rights of the Child, Convention for the Elimination of all forms of Discrimination Against Women (CEDAW) and other human rights instruments.
• At least 2 years experience in a similar position in an international organization similar to Plan.
• A thorough understanding of the various tools and techniques for mainstreaming gender in a project cycle including gender analysis, programming, monitoring and evaluation.
• Knowledgeable in gender and ASRHRs issues and activities in Tanzania
• Knowledgeable in the relationship between gender equality and MNCH/SRH issues
• Develops, motivates, coaches and promotes high performance by partners’ staff and collaborators.
• Communicates clearly and effectively and works in a participative community approach.
• Strong knowledge of the health system in Tanzania.
• Strong knowledge of the national women’s/gender machineries of Tanzania (govt and other statutory institutions, policies, programs etc.)
• Strong knowledge of the rights of children and women.
• Communication skills, appropriate to the audience (ability to speak local language of project districts)
• Strong team-building and motivational skills.
• Strong negotiating, facilitating and influencing skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft applications and use of relevant software and other applications, e.g. word processing, spreadsheet, database, internet.
Plan International Tanzania is an equal opportunity employer. Interested and qualified Tanzanians are invited to send their applications enclosing detailed curriculum vitae, certificate copies of relevant education and professional qualifications together with names of three referees, and their contact. Therefore all applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 11th November, 2016.
Job Location: Rukwa District
Gender Equality & ASRH Coordinator - Plan International Tanzania