WWF (The World Wide Fund for Nature) is an international non-government organization that deals with conservation of nature. WWF Tanzania aims 1 sustain Tanzania's outstanding and globally significant natural wealth arbiodiversity and in doing so support local livelihoods and national econom development. We address. cross-cutting issues such as climate change a green economy development including engaging in national-level polk initiatives such as the Southern Agriculture Growth Corridor (SAGC0) Through our collaborative work with the Government of Tanzania, research institutions, the WWF network, Luc Hoffmann and the private sector, The Luc Hoffmann Institute is an independent research hub at WV1 responding to global change. Our mission is to co-create solutions and bui
capacity to address complex environmental, social and economic challenge: to achieve conservation impact. We collaborate with world-class experts' address complex conservation questions where solutions are time-depended and traditional institutions are ill-equipped to respond. We support bett
conservation through 'fit for purpose' research, diverse partnerships a stronger conservation leaders. We work with the WWF global network to bring science to action. WWF Tanzania Country Office is seeking to hire an experienced and motivate individual for the position of Green Growth Senior Fellow to be based Dar-es-salaam to provide vision, content, and leadership to the Southern Agricultural Growth Corridor of Tanzania (SAGCOT) as a pilot location, the project will develop a framework around which 'equitable green growth'negotiated.
ROLE AND MAJOR FUNCTIONS
The successful candidate will support SAGCOT centre and WWF Tanzania
develop an understanding of the collective challenges and solutions relate
to water resources development to help fulfil SAGCOT centre's mission
inclusive and green agriculture growth
- Support strategic partnership management between SAGCOT cent and partners on green growth; Consolidate the relationship between SAGCOT centre, WWF and LI and other project partners and WWFs support to SAG COT centre ( decision-making in equitable green growth; Support enhanced capacity of SAGCOT centre as an institution facilitate multi-stakeholder discussion
- .Conceptualise, analyse and develop collective water stewardsh approaches needed to support SAG COT centre In their mission ' inclusive and green agriculture growth in relation to local challenges;
3. Provide thought leadership to around 'equitable green growth' tools and approaches
- Work on opportunities to support replicability of the approach ar tools to the entire SAGCOT corridor and other African growth corridor
- Lead the development of publications in high quality outlets in tl international peer-reviewed literature;
- Assist with supervision of PhD/postgraduate students or oth consultants where relevant;
- The position will contribute to this work by sharing lessons, research, a experience from Tanzania.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Demonstrated research experience at least in some of the areas of water management, sociology,political science, economics, natural resource management, ecology, geography, environmental science or a relate discipline.
- Demonstrated expert knowledge in integrated water resource management
- Experience in cross-sector stakeholder engagement, especially developing countries
- Experience in the development of effective relationships across institutions and sector
- Excellent strategic skills.
- Ability to build external partnerships, strengthens capacity, and build teamwork.
- Additional Information, including Terms of Reference, can be obtained at tl offices of WWF Tanzania Country Office in Dar es Salaam.Applications mu
Applications mu include a complete CV with full contact details of three referees and shou
be addressed to the People & Organization Development Manager throu;
firstname.lastname@example.org Thursday, 8th December 2016 at 4:30 pm. Or
c;hnrtlic;tpri ("~nrlirl;!tpc; \MiII hp rnnt"rtpn ~nrl thf:lo intprvipwc;