Maxcom Africa Limited is an ICT Integration Company owned by native
Tanzanians based in Dar es Salaam. Maxcom is among companies Vetted by
the Commission of Science and Technology (COSTECH) and operates under
the commissions ICT incubator (DarTeknohama Business Incubator - DTBI).
Maxcom Africa Ltd vision is to facilitate the transformation of African
economy from cash based to electronic wallet based economy and
increasing access and use of financial transactions over wireless networks.
Maxcom Africa Limited provides and equal opportunity and fair treatmentin
employment regardless their race, colour, gender, religion, age or disability.
The company seeks to appoint dedicated, self motivated and highly
organized and qualified candidates to fill below positions in Tanzania;
2. HEAD OF BUSINESS- SALES AND DISTRIBUTION - ( 1 Post)
JOB SUMMARY: The Head of Business - Sales and Distribution has a primary
responsibility of establishing, developing and growing Maxcom Africa's ltd
distribution network across the country while coordinating and
implementing distribution plans and strategies as in line with the overall
company objectives and plans designed to increase the Maxcom Africa ltd
retail reach and ease of access to POS.
The Head Of Business - Sales and Distribution involvement will include but
not limited to strategic activation of the trade, execution of the POS, and RTM
planning and coordination to aide in meeting of the set goals.
She/he will be responsible for regional development and penetration,
overseeing retail trade Maxcom operations within the country, sale and
distribution team management and coordination to ensure smooth service
delivery at the POS.
1. Determines annual unit and gross-profit plans by implementing
marketing strategies; analyzing trends and results.
2. Establishes sales objectives by forecasting and developing annualsales
quotas for regions and territories; projecting expected sales volume
and profit for existing and new products.
3. Implements national sales programs by developing field sales action
4. Maintains sales volume, product mix, and selling price by keeping
current with supply and demand, changing trends, economic
indicators, and competitors.
5. Establishes and adjusts selling prices by monitoring costs, competition,
and supply and demand.
6. Completes national sales operational requirements by scheduling and
assigning employees; following up on work results.
7. Maintains national sales staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and
8. Maintains national sales staff job results by counseling and disciplining
employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
9. Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending
educational workshops; reviewing professional publications;
establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
10. Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed,
Implements the recommendations of the strategic marketing plan and
performs market research and analysis.
11. Executes marketing campaigns for new products and services at the
12. Provide market feedback to the Business Development Director
regarding the new market trends and any counter activity required in
the marketing .
11 Take ownership of the managment of the sales and distribution
functions of the business.
14. Drive increased revenue and profit to achieve the Company's
15. Planning and coordinating the implementation of sales and
distribution plans including new markets entry and departmental
1. Ensures daily reporting to the Business Development Director on the
Departmental development including Business operational status
reports, recommendations and sales numbers.
2. To supervise the line managers and ensure smooth operations.
3. Chairs the line departmental meetings and ensures workinq up of
4. Approval and Management of the departmental financial operational
5. Appraisal of the employees performance
6. Dissemination of sales reports daily to the management team
1. Business Acumen.
2. Strategic Thinking.
3. Problem Solving/Analysis.
4. Customer/Client Focus.
5. Communication Proficiency.
6. Time Management.
7. Strong relationship builder.
SUPERVISION & COLLABORATION
The Business Manager - Sales and Distribution is under the direct
supervision of the Business Development Director and adheres to the
Maxcom Africa Ltd organizational framework and chain of authority.
RELATIONSHIPS WITH OTHERS
Teams up with all the other Business Managers for the General management
team and operations team which is the day to day company strategy
Supervision: Works independently under the supervrsion of Business
Development Director within the approved country commercial strategies.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in business related field.
- Master's degree in business, marketing or related field will be an added advantage.
- At least 5 years of senior commercial management in a fast paced FMCG environment.
- Experience in working with senior management to align sales strategies and solutions.
- Must have experience of working in a corporate/business focused environment.
- Excellent negotiation skills, proven track record of successfully pitching for new business.
- Proven track record of increasing revenue through generation of strong retail market management leadership.
SALARY - JOB SCALE.
HOW TO APPLY: interested and qualified candidates should drop their
application letter with their resume and Photostat copies of their
testimonials to Maxcom Africa Ltd Office, Ground Floor at MILLENIUM
TOWER - Makumbusho Area, Bagamoyo Road Dar es salaam. Or send via
email to the following email email@example.com
The applications to be addressed to-
THE HUMAN RESOURCE DIRECTOR,
MAXCOM AFRICA LTD,
P.O. BOX 31211,
OAR ES SALAAM.
Closing date: Saturday, 19th November 2016 at 4.00pm. Only short listed i
candidates will be contacted.