The Arusha Urban Water Supply and Sanitation Authority (AUWSA) is a legally established entity responsible for the overall operations and management of water supply and sanitation services in Arusha City. It is among of the best Authorities in Tanzania.
The core function of the Authority is to deliver excellent water supply and sanitation services for all categories of customers and stakeholders in Arusha City.
In order to attain its vision and mission, AUWSA is seeking to recruit dynamic, experienced, competent and qualified Tanzanians to fill the following vacant posts within the Authority's establishment
HEAD OF LEGAL SERVICES UNIT:
Minimum Required Qualifications and Experience:
The successful applicant must be / have:
- Holder of a Certificate of Secondary Education / Advanced Certificate of .
- Secondary Education from National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA).
- Holder of Bachelor Degree in Law with bias in Commercial Law, Public' Enterprise Law or Business Law from a recognized Institution.
- Holder of Master's Degree in Law with bias in Commercial Law, Public is Enterprise Law or Business Law from a recognized Institution.
- Plus successful one year training at the School of Law and registered as an
- Advocate of the High Court and Subordinate Courts.
- Should have at least ten (10) years of relevant work experience out of which at least two (2) years should be in a senior position.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- To advise the Managing Director on all legal issues
- To liaise with other national and international institutions on all matters pertaining to law, contracts, insurance and security matters affecting AUWSA.
- To act as Secretary to the Secretariat of the Board Meeting.
- To safe keep official seal, contracts and other instruments entered into by the Authority.
- To supervise drafting of prescribed legal documents and forms of the Authority.
- To serve as custodian of the Authority instruments or statutory books including registers of customers and directors.
- To file and appear for criminal and civil proceedings in the court on behalf of the Authority
- To conduct performance appraisal to all staff under the Unit.
- To perform any other relevant duties as may be assigned to him/her by the Managing Director
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to apply by sending their application letters attached with certified copies of relevant certificates, testimonials and detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV).
The CV must incorporate all contacts telephone numbers, mobile, box numbers, e-mail and physical addresses.
Form IV and VI result slips are strictly not accepted.
NECTA, NACTE or TCU.
Only short-listed candidates (who meet requirements) will be contacted for interview.
Applicants who will submit fraudulent documents will be subjected to criminal proceedings.
Applicant who have earlier applied for the post which are currently re- advertised should not submit their application.
In addition to the qualifications mentioned, the incumbent is expected to possess the following traits:
Excellent communication skill.
High integrity and ability to adapt to changes quickly.
Capacity to work hard, under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
Ability to work under teamwork spirit, establish and maintain effective working relations with different people and stakeholders.
Ability to work under minimum supervision.
Applications should be addressed to the undersigned so as to reach him/her not later than 21 st November, 2016 16:30 HRS
ARUSHA URBAN WATER SUPPLY & SANITATION AUTHORITY
Tel: + 2547186, 254 8981,
Fax: 254 7163,