Management Sciences for Health (MSH) is a non-profit organization with a mission to save
lives and improve the health of the world's poorest and most vulnerable people by closing
the gap between knowledge and action in public health. For more information please
visit our website www.msh.org.
MSH is seeking to recruit a highly motivated and result oriented individual for the Tanzania Technical Support Services (TSSP) Project, a five year project funded by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) in Tanzania. The goal of the project is to provide technical assistance to the Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC) and Public Health institutions in Tanzania including; the National AIDS Control Program (NACP), the National Institute for Medical Research (NIMR) and the Zanzibar Integrated HIV, TB and leprosy Program (ZIHTLP) to lead and manage the HIV response and build sustainable health system.
The HIS/ICT specialist will be closely guided by HIS/ICT Advisor and the MOHCDGEC ICT Director in her/his day to day works. S/he will also work in close coordination with the donor (CDC) and project partners and is responsible for providing technical assistance (TA) to the Ministry and PHI to improve HIS and ICT to support access to data and to improve data analysis, dissemination, and use to support evidence-based decision making for management of a sustainable HIV response in line with prevailing GoT strategies and guidelines.
- Coordinate HIS and ICT activities to implement the national HIS Investment Framework
- Define technical requirements (both user and system requirements) to guide electronic medical records (EMR), interoperability, and automated reporting solutions.
- Support building a Master Health Sector client registry linked to the national ID system
- Identify best IT solutions on the market to address GOT needs
- Perform Database Performance Tuning, Database Management, Requirements Analysis, Software Development Fundamentals, Problem Solving, Documentation Skills, Verbal Communication, Data Maintenance and Database Security.
- Provide necessary technical support of interoperability of ICT solutions with the National Data Repository
- Oversee the work of ICT contractors to support the national HIS
- Support the establishment of shared open health information exchange services
- Support the development and implementation of ICT solutions to ensure the Shared Health Record meets the needs of the HIV program
- Enhance reliability and reach of ICT services and ability of key personnel to access all health information and systems for planning, management, and decision making
- Continuously improve analysis and interpretation of data across the health sector for HIV and other public health priorities.
The ideal candidate should have a Bachelor’s Degree in computer/information sciences, Computer engineering, or related field with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in providing technical assistance to government agencies in developing and strengthening health information and ICT systems in Tanzania.
S/he should have good knowledge of database Management Systems, including relational Databases, experience designing and managing electronic data management systems and platforms such as EMR, Open Health Information Exchange including system analysis, development of user-and system requirements, and oversight of software development. In addition, experience in building health worker capacity in the use of ICT solutions, data analysis, interpretation and use for program management.
for further details and to apply for this position, please visit the Employment
Opportunities section of our website at www.Jobs-msh.icims.com by November 30,
2016. If you cannot apply online or have difficulty doing so, please email an explanation of your problem to iRecruiterproblem@msh.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. I