The Arusha Urban Water Supply and Sanitation Authority (AUWSA) is a legally established entity responsible for the overall operations and management of water supply and sanitation services in Arusha City. It is among of the best Authorities in Tanzania.
The core function of the Authority is to deliver excellent water supply and sanitation services for all categories of customers and stakeholders in Arusha City.
In order to attain its vision and mission, AUWSA is seeking to recruit dynamic, experienced, competent and qualified Tanzanians to fill the following vacant posts within the Authority's establishment.
HUMAN RESOURCE AND ADMINISTRATION MANAGER:
The successful applicant must be / have:
- Holder of a Certificate of Secondary Education / Advanced Certificate of Secondary Education from National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA).
- Holder of a Bachelor Degree / Advance Diploma in Human Resource Management, Industrial Relations, Law or Public Administration from a recognized Institution.
- Holder of a Master Degree in Human Resource Management, Industrial Relations, Law or Public Administration from a recognized Institution.
- Should have at least ten (10) years of relevant work experience out of which at least two (2) years should be in a senior position
- Employment Terms: Three years Contract - Renewable upon satisfactorily performance.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- To advise the Managing Director on the welfare and development of Human Resource.
- To oversee development and implementation of HR and Administrative policies and regulations of the Authority,
- To oversee adherence to HR Policies, laws and Regulations within the Authority.
- To oversee mainstreaming of diversity issues such as HIV Aids, Gender and disability.
- To oversee performance management within the Authority.
- To supervise development of staff development and training program
- To oversee development of strategies and plans for attracting and retaining requisite staff within AUWSA.
- To supervise management of AUWSA buildings and vehicles.
- To oversee performance appraisal, training and development.
- To oversee discipline and industrial relations and other employee relations affairs as per Employment and Labour Relations Act (2004) and Labour Institutions Act (2004).
- To conduct performance appraisal to all staff under the department
- To oversee recruitment, orientation and promotion of staff
- To oversee handling of staff welfare matters such as medical services, staff loans and grants, sports and games, burial services, and any other services considered to be important to staff.
- To oversee discharge of Authority's administrative activities such as, record keeping (Registry), post services, transport, social gatherings, scheduled meetings and staff visits and tours.
- To perform any other related duties as may be assigned by the Managing Director.
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to apply by sending their application letters attached with certified copies of relevant certificates, testimonials and detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV).
The CV must incorporate all contacts telephone numbers, mobile, box numbers, e-mail and physical addresses.
Form IV and VI result slips are strictly not accepted.
NECTA, NACTE or TCU.
Only short-listed candidates (who meet requirements) will be contacted for interview.
Applicants who will submit fraudulent documents will be subjected to criminal proceedings.
Applicant who have earlier applied for the post which are currently re- advertised should not submit their application.
In addition to the qualifications mentioned, the incumbent is expected to possess the following traits:
Excellent communication skill.
High integrity and ability to adapt to changes quickly.
Capacity to work hard, under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
Ability to work under teamwork spirit, establish and maintain effective working relations with different people and stakeholders.
Ability to work under minimum supervision.
Applications should be addressed to the undersigned so as to reach him/her not later than 21 st November, 2016 16:30 HRS
ARUSHA URBAN WATER SUPPLY & SANITATION AUTHORITY
Tel: + 2547186, 254 8981,
Fax: 254 7163,