USAID Boresha Afya is a new s-year USAID-funded program for a comprehensive Health Service Delivery. The goal of USAID Boresha Afya is to improve the health status of all Tanzanians. Jhpiego leads the implementation of one of the 3 awards covering the lake and western zones -with an emphasis on women and children in targeted regions. The purpose is to support the GOT to increase access to high-quality, comprehensive and integrated health services, with a focus on malaria, maternal, newborn, child and reproductive health outcomes. The project scope covers 7 regions in the lake and western zones, national level, and Zanzibar.
Jhpiego is therefore seeking to recruit a team of experienced medical, public health, program, and finance professionals to implement this exciting new initiative.
Position Overview: The Integration and Learning Advisor will provide overall technical leadership to the USAID Boresha Afyaprogram and its partners on the integration of MNCH, Family Planning, Malaria and other interventions across the continuum of care, as well as incorporating learnings for program improvement. S/he will provide technical leadership and strategic direction for designing and implementing project learning strategy for tailored implementation of integrated essential services package (MCH, FP/RH, and malaria) services in the regions. Provide methodological support .and facilitate the design, content development/adaptation; and delivery of effective learning strategies to positively impact performance. Lead the team in synthesizing learning from the project for dissemination of results. Working with USAID Boresha Afyatechnical team, the Advisor will ensure linkages and synergies at service delivery level from community to facility level. At district level, the Integration and Learning Advisor will support management, supervision and budgeting of
health services in an integrated manner; while working at national level to ensure appropriate policies and tools are developed and operationalized across USAID Boresha Afya districts and sites.
Position Reports To: Sr. Technical Advisor-RMNCH
- Promote integrated, multi-sectoral coordination and collaboration with other IPs and stakeholders working in health as well as non-health sectors
- Work closely with USAID to build and sustain relationships with USG-funded Regional
- Partners leveraging USAID Boresha Afyaproject interventions
- Organize orientationltraining of project staff and partners on relevant tools, guidelines and standards to improve integration and knowledge management
- Analyze workflow of services at facilities of varying levels and provide inputs on how to maximize opportunities
- Facilitate engagement of professional associations (such as AGOTA and TAMA) to promote best RM2NCAH practices such as RMC and clinical mentorship.
- Foster collaboration with the private sector to leverage investments under USAID Boresha Afya Project. identify evidence-based practices related to RMNCAH programming and facilitate application in USAID Boresha Afya
- Work with USAID Boresha Afya technical leads, M&E staff and Global Programs Office (GPO) to establish performance standards for USAID Boresha Afya across technical areas and ensure regular assessment of program performance.
- Build capacity of USAID Boresha Afya staff and partners in data interpretation, presentation and dissemination through various channels.
- Support the ongoing gathering of knowledge and learning developed by the program, including lessons learned, best practices, challenges, how-to information, and information on reach and impact
- Identify key audiences for different types of technical information, including internal and external audiences, and target knowledge sharing efforts toward them to promote knowledge uptake and application
- Support the documentation, packaging, storing, and sharing of information in formats tailored to specific audiences, including briefs, case studies, online posts, success stories, presentations, videos, peer-reviewed journals, etc.
- In collaboration with M&E and communications teams under the project leadership, ensure production and sharing of regular reports and communication materials targeting various project stakeholders
- Foster program learning among USAID Boresha Afya staff on issues related performance management, data analysis and interpretation and program improvement.
- Collaborate with the USAID Boresha Afya partners and team leads under the guidance of the project leadership to prepare workplans and monitor implementation in integrated approaches
- Design and deploy relevant measures for reviewing performance across program sites in
- line with project and national projects
- Develop documentation systems and ensure project's strategies and lessons are correctly documented and disseminated.
- Contribute/coordinate with project's M&E activities to ensure that the project meets sel targets in accordance with national and international standards
- Promote and support the dissemination of best practices and lessons learned among the USAID Boresha Afya program team and partners, key stakeholders (including the MOHCDGEC), local and international partners, USAID and other collaborators
- Ensure that lessons from various fora related to RMNCH are timely disseminated anc shared with project staff to influence programming.
- Compile and analyze data for performance monitoring and evaluation of the project anc work with partners at all levels to analyze and utilize data to take corrective actions;
- Within target district and regions, advocate for opportunities for integration of healtt services with regional and district authorities
- Serve as the USAID Boresha Afyaproject point person on working groups reviewin~ integration of services
- Lead appropriate sections of annual work planning and reporting requirements of the program
- Cultivate strategic relationships and alliances with other partners working on integration
- Ensure compliance with USAID operational policies and regulations
- Perform other duties as directed by the project leadership
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor degree in Public Health, demography or related field; possession of a clinica degree preferred [Master's degree will be an added advantage]
- A mintrmim of 6years of mid- to senior-level experience in designing, implementing 01 managing large, complex, facility/community-level healthcare projects
- Technical knowledge of MNCH, Malaria, FP, and community interventions
- Experience working with government, NGOs, donors, and other relevant stakeholders
- Ability to find creative solutions to knowledge-sharing issues and challenges within countries
- Proven relationship building skills, as well as skills in facilitation, leadership and coordination
- Technical expertise in gap analysis, change management, and results-oriented anddecision-making skills
- Strong leadership and technical capacity to support service delivery, at both facility anc community levels
- Demonstrated expertise working in a leadership capacity with international donors, senio government officials and policymakers
- Excellent writing and communications skills, including demonstrated technical writinl skills for publication and oral presentation skills
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform
- Fluency in English and Swahili
To apply please indicate the position title on the envelope or subject line of your e-mail,
i.e. Application for Deputy Chief of Party. All applications should also include an
up-to-date CV with three contactable professional references, a cover letter 'and your
The application should be addressed to:
Director of Human Resource
Plot 72, Block 45B, New Bagamoyo Road - Victoria
PO Box 9170
. Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
OR send the application through email at: HRJZ@jhpiego.org
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The closing date for
applications is two weeks after the first appearance of this 'advert.
Caution to the applicants:
There have been some bogus adverts online that require candidates to apply through
some email addresses of public domains e.g. Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc. Kindly note:
HRTZ@jhpiego.org is the address to use all the time. Please ignore any of those
adverts. We also don't charge any application fee nor entertain any meetinqs or
telephone calls. If shortlisted you will get an official call from our office and receive
required steps. If you suspect any wrong - doing kindly write to the Director of Human