The High Commission of Canada to Tanzania is staffing an indeterminate position for
an International Business Development Assistant reporting to the Regional Senior
Trade Commissioner and Political/Economic Counsellor.
- Supporting the commercial/economic team in Oar es Salaam, covering Tanzania,
- the Seychelles, and Comoros;
- Assisting with team activities aimed at promoting Canadian companies in the
- identification and pursuit of commercial opportunities;
- Providing administrative support in response to company inquiries;
- Coordinating logistics for Canadian participation in relevant events; and,
- Performing other duties as required.
Language: fluency in English and Swahili, both written and spoken.
Education: Bachelor's degree from a recognized university with a major in a discipline
related to the job requirements or an equivalent combination of education, training
and/or experience (without a completed Bachelor's degree, six years of experience
Experience: Minimum of 3 years' recent experience providing administrative/program
support to a team of officer-level employees.
"Recent is defined as within the last 5 years
If you meet the above criteria, please download the full application package at
CLOSING DATE: 21 November 2016 23:59 EAT (East Africa Time)