The Arusha Urban Water Supply and Sanitation Authority (AUWSA) is a legally established entity responsible for the overall operations and management of water supply and sanitation services in Arusha City. It is among of the best Authorities in Tanzania.
The core function of the Authority is to deliver excellent water supply and sanitation services for all categories of customers and stakeholders in Arusha City.
In order to attain its vision and mission, AUWSA is seeking to recruit dynamic, experienced, competent and qualified Tanzanians to fill the following vacant posts within the Authority's establishment.
LEGAL OFFICER GRADE II (2 Posts):
- .Minimum Required Qualifications and Experience:
- The successful applicant must be / have:
- Holder of a Certificate of Secondary Education / Advanced Certificate of Secondary Education from National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA).
- Holder of a Bachelor Degree in Law or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution upon completion of an internship or legal practical training at Law School ofTanzania.
- Must have ability to speak and possess good writing skills in English and Kiswahili
- Must be computer literate.
- He or She must have a working experience in a relevant field
- Employment Terms: Unspecified Period Contract
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- To participate in negotiations for drawing up general contracts
- To assist in drafting Legal Instruments such as contracts, and other agreements.
- To provide legal opinion in relation to the Authority's functions,
- To maintain proper and safe custody of all legal documents,
- To assist in carrying out any relevant legal research .
- To perform any other related duties as may be assigned by the respective
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to apply by sending their application letters attached with certified copies of relevant certificates, testimonials and detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV).
The CV must incorporate all contacts telephone numbers, mobile, box numbers, e-mail and physical addresses.
Form IV and VI result slips are strictly not accepted.
NECTA, NACTE or TCU.
Only short-listed candidates (who meet requirements) will be contacted for interview.
Applicants who will submit fraudulent documents will be subjected to criminal proceedings.
Applicant who have earlier applied for the post which are currently re- advertised should not submit their application.
In addition to the qualifications mentioned, the incumbent is expected to possess the following traits:
Excellent communication skill.
High integrity and ability to adapt to changes quickly.
Capacity to work hard, under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
Ability to work under teamwork spirit, establish and maintain effective working relations with different people and stakeholders.
Ability to work under minimum supervision.
Applications should be addressed to the undersigned so as to reach him/her not later than 21 st November, 2016 16:30 HRS
ARUSHA URBAN WATER SUPPLY & SANITATION AUTHORITY
Tel: + 2547186, 254 8981,
Fax: 254 7163,