Tanzania Postal Bank (TPB) seeks to appoint dedicated, self-motivated and highly organized Manager Credit Administrator (1position) to join the Retail Business Banking team. The work station is Dar es Salaam.
Reporting Line: Chief Manager MIS and Training
Locations: Head Office
Work Schedule: As per TPB Staff regulations
Division: MIS & Training
Salary: Commensurate to the Job Advertised
1. Handle a team in managing the daily administration for loan administration and documentation in full compliance with the internal standards and external regulatory requirements.
2. Review loan documents and liaise with internal and external parties to ensure proper and efficient delivery of credit administration duties.
3. Review daily system credit monitoring and management of reports;
KEY ROLES AND SPECIALIZATION
Six sigma approach towards process continuity and reductions in risk
Process mapping development with focus in business planning, evaluation and efficiency management of the portfolios.
Knowledge in support of New Business Development and Risk Analysis
Knowledge in applying Six tools for continuous Improvement Plans using DMAIC(define Measure Analysis Improvement and Control)
Experience in Leading Cross-function projections
Knowledge in Advanced Excel and Access
Knowledge in Oracle/Sybase system for data mining and integration
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Handle a team in managing the daily administration for loan documentation in full compliance with the internal standards and external regulatory requirements.
2. Review loan documents and liaise with internal and external parties to ensure proper and efficient delivery of credit administration duties
3. Review daily system credit monitoring and management reports:-
l Identify non performing accounts with irregularities and proactively follow-up to ensure corrective action taken in line with credit policy
l Identify first payment defaulters proactively follow-up to ensure corrective action taken
l Administer portfolios on loan disbursement report on daily basis
l Checking indemnity premiums movements
l Checking correctness of interest revenue movements in the system
l Checking of movement on recovery from charged off accounts
l Preparing deduction and approval
l Management of Audit queries from Branches and compilation of management replies to the Management
l Maintained corporate policies in the customer credit and initial collection cycles.
l Linking operative account with loan if correctly captures
l Checking employers code if entered correctly in the system.
l Administer Branch and Min Branches daily input data and reports
4. Generate, review and maintain daily loan disbursement reports for presentation to credit other users, and provide weekly and monthly reports on the same, in accordance to the credit policy and guidelines.
5. Ensure all lending documentations is complete as per the banks’ policy and procedures with respect to amount of loans, terms and conditions, borrower’s borrowing mandate, authorized signatory etc.
6. Ensure compliance with the internal policy, credit approval terms and conditions regulatory ratio / policies before approving any new loans request.
7. Responsible for system collateral valuation, collateral monitoring and collateral reconciliation with original documents to ensure compliance of coverage ratio.
8. Ensuring post disbursement compliance with approved terms and conditions, assignment of rights, review expiry of credits, progress payment insurance.
9. Monitor all irregularities on past dues, documentation deficiencies, etc., and report to Senior Management
10. Administer reconciliation of all General ledger (G/L accounts) vs Subsidiary ledgers (SL) on weekly basis;
l Interest rate
l Portfolio Position
l All suspense accounts
l Make sure officers have all the necessary documents and facilities for their daily activities e.g necessary manual, forms and stationary related to the banks’ loan portfolios
l To support TAT to Branch and Mini Branch officers and Head Office team for all bank products, and updating TAT tracker on daily basis.
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
Education and experience:
Bachelor’s degree in either of the following specialty:-
n Banks and Social Security Administration,
n Statistics and Business Finance
n Economics and Business finance
n Actuarial and financial analyst
n Any related field with two years experience in Business and Banking industry
n Experience on Equinox or any other reputable core banking system also may be added advantage.
n High level of integrity.
n Must be keen on details.
n Excellent communication and report writing skills.
n Ability to work under pressure and minimal supervision.
The position will attract a competitive salary package, which include benefits. Applicants are invited to submit their resume (indicating the position title in the subject heading) via e-mail to: email@example.com. Applications via other methods will not be considered. Applicants need to submit only the Curriculum Vitae (CV) and the letter of applications starting the job advertised and the location. Other credentials will have to be submitted during the interview for authentic check and other administrative measures and should not in any way be attached during application.
Avoid scams: NEVER pay to have your CV / Application pushed forward.
Any job vacancy requesting payment for any reason is a SCAM. If you are requested to make a payment for any reason, please call +255 22 2110621-2 to report the scam. You also don’t need to know one in TPB to be employed. TPB is merit based institution and to achieve this vision, it always go for the best.
Tanzania Postal Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is very committed to environmental, health and safety Management.
Tanzania Postal Bank has a strong commitment to environmental, health and safety management. Late applications will not be considered. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: a security clearance; a competency assessment; physical capability assessment and reference checking.
Please forward your applications before 28th November, 2016