Reporting to the Group Chief Executive Officer. this position is directly accountable for the
general management and oversight of KCB Bank Tanzania to deliver and increase profitability.
business and market share growth. product penetration. sustained business and banking
operations and exemplary customer experience.
1. Lead and direct Senior Management and Business Teams of KCB Bank Tanzania
2. Lead and formulate Business Plans and Strategies for KCB Bank Tanzania
3. Deliver profitability. business and market share growth strategies of KCB Bank Tanzania in
accordance with short. medium and long term budgetary targets and plans.
4. Continually review business strategies and plans in response to changing operating
environment and emanating business challenges while retaining focus to overall business
5. Champion and propagate the KCB brand platform internally and externally across KCB Bank
Tanzania [purpose. vision. mission. values. behaviors and promise].
6.. Manage and maintain a robust monitoring. controls. business continuity. governance and risk
, Manaqernent nvironrnent for KCB Bank Tanzania.
7. Maintain proactive oversight in ensuring adherence to external and internal statutory and
regulatory standards. risk and compliance management. .
8. Provide. manage and maintain comprehensive business status reporting with robust key
performance / risk indicators and tracking thereof.
9. Manage and maintain relationships with key/strategic stakeholders: Boards of Directors.
KCB Group EXCO. managing directors. divisional directors. statutory and regulatory
authorities. government and quasi-government bodies. key customers and service providers.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
1. University Degree in Business related field. Post graduate and or Banking qualifications will
be an added advantage.
2. Minimum of 10 years' experience in retail and corporate banking. treasury and commercial
banking operations, customer service. governance and controls with at least 8 years' in
senior to top management position.
3. Track record of attaining targets of business growth and profitability in the financial services
and banking sector.
4. Have appreciation and operating knowledge of the regional banking industry [especially
operating dynamics of East Africa!, market and global trends as well as challenges.
5. Demonstrable cross-cultural. people and relationship management skills. team motivation
and leadership competence.
6. Sound understanding of statutory and regulatory requirements of corporate governance,
business and banking operations of East Africa.
7. Demonstrable ability to adapt and operate in a matrix management and reporting
The above position is a demanding role which the Bank will provide a competitive package for
the successful candidate. If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the
criteria given above. please submit your application with a detailed CV. stating your current
position, remuneration level. e-mail address and telephone contacts quoting the job
title/reference in the subject field to kcb-mdtztaclre.rconnectlonlltd.com '.
To be considered your application must be received by Friday, 28th November, 2016.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.