Job purpose and summary: To support and provide technical expertise in state-of-art M&E approaches to all Project activities and programs, including the provision of support to project staff, and staff of partner NGOs in areas of monitoring, evaluation and reporting.
• Provides leadership, guidance and support to the project teams in all aspects of the M&E work
• Ensures M&E technical assistance is available and provided at all times to the PU team (Rukwa), and partner NGO staff in project areas;
• Supports the design, development and implementation of the M&E strategy in line with tools of both Tanzania Health Services and PLAN International to the various districts
• Supports in analyzing and writing of monthly, quarterly, semiannual and annual project performance reports and their submission in stipulated deadlines and support other project staff and partner NGOs in report writing skills.
• Under the supervision of HMIS&M&E Advisor support data auditing and verification to assure internal consistency and validity of project activity monitoring data reported by all districts, through quarterly data verification and auditing visits.
Qualification, Experience and skills
• Minimum of a basic degree in Public Health, Statistics, Social Sciences, Information Technology, or equivalent
• Minimum of at least five (5) years of experience in design and implementation of monitoring, evaluation and research systems;
• Thorough familiarity with the HMIS system and maternal and child health indicators;
• Minimum of 3 years of providing training, and in a supervisory and/or management role, in monitoring and evaluation;
• Good understanding of trends for monitoring and evaluation;
• Experience of working with international NGOs, Tanzania Health Systems, public health facilities will be an advantage
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• Ability and willingness to travel within the supported districts
• Computer skills – MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Internet and statistical packages such as SPSS, STATA, Epi Info and others related packages.
Plan International Tanzania is an equal opportunity employer. Interested and qualified Tanzanians are invited to send their applications enclosing detailed curriculum vitae, certificate copies of relevant education and professional qualifications together with names of three referees, and their contact. Therefore all applications should be sent to email@example.com not later than 11th November, 2016.
Job Location: Sumbawanga