The Secretary is responsible for managing the reception service, maintaining office files, taking care of correspondence on behalf of the management, and to support in relations with other CUAMM offices, and with other Government and Non-government offices/stakeholders in Shinyanga and Simiyu.
She/he is responsible, with the management of the project, of the image and reputation of the NGO locally.
• To manage the reception service (i.e. to receive Visitors; HQs Staff, Third Parties (suppliers, consultants, etc.) ;
• To manage the phone switch board (incoming phone or fax calls and outcoming phone/fax calls (including to keep updated the phone-fax calls register) ;
• To maintain the Office Files (Correspondences, NGO Profile and Other NGO's documentations, etc);
• To assist both Project Manager and Project Administrator in the preparation of meeting and keeping the related minutes, reports and other documentation;
• To type letters, minutes, internal communications etc;
• To support both Project Manager and Project Administrator in the Relations with
• Country Office, Sub Office and Projects' Staff expatriates and local staff)
• To manage the Country Office Petty Cash (Including preparation of documents, payments and collections);
• To make travel arrangements for CUAMM visitors in the Country (drafting a budget travel, booking of accommodations, renting of vehicles, etc.).
Required qualifications and experience
• A minimum of 3 years' working experience;
• Ability to communicate in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
• Capacity to maintain good relations with institutions (government counterparts and local stakeholders, public and private organisations);
• Previous experience with international and local NGOs preferred;
• Fluency in both English and Swahili, both written and spoken, is required.
Duty Station Shinyanga
Contract Duration 12 months contract renewable.
Applications must include:
- Up-to-date CV;
- Covering letter addressing how the candidate's experience relates to the specific duties of the position applied for;
- Names and contact information of (at least) three professional references (including current Direct Supervisor)
. The application should be addressed to the Country Administrator and sent by email through APPLY below Deadline The position will remain open until November 17, 2016. All applications received after
Methods of Application
All applications should be submitted by email. Interested candidates that meet the qualifications indicated per each vacancy should apply, indicating the post they are applying for in the subject line.
Please include: up-to-date CV; (at least) three contactable professional references; a covering letter. Applications not including all these information will not be considered; applications submitted after the deadline will also not be considered. Applications received through any other means will not be taken into consideration; DO NOT attach copies of certificates/diplomas;
The application must be sent at;firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline of 17 November 2016 will not be considered