THPS is an indigenous NGO established under nongovernmental organisation act No 24 of 2002 as part of partnership framework implementation plan between the USG and the Government of Tanzania which calls for an uninterrupted transition of PEPFAR funded HIV and AIDS programs into local entities. THPS works in partnership with the Ministries of Health and Social Welfare in Tanzania (MoHSW) and Regional Administration and local government (PMORALG) with a goal of ensuring accessible high quality health care services to Tanzania's through establishment and strengthening of comprehensive family focused HIV/AIDS Prevention, Care and Treatment services in Pwani, Kigoma, regions and Zanzibar. This is a continuation of the PEPFAR funded broader US Government HIV/AIDS initiatives through Centre for Disease Control Tanzania (CDC) in Tanzania.
THPS is currently seeking highly experienced, committed and motivated Tanzanian to fill Senior Administration Officer & Accountant positions in Dar Es Salaam. Below are the job descriptions.
OVERALL JOB FUNCTION:
To provide support services to technical, finance & program staff. The incumbent shall supervise Administration Assistant staff at central and regional office in collaboration with the Regional Managers.
· Ensure vendors provides the required service as per the agreement, the contracts are renewed and they are paid on time i.e rent, fuels, telephone bills, travel agent etc
· Maintain files for vendors, vehicles, property inventories, personnel and other important documentation
· Maintain program trainings budgets and update the training tool as required.
· Oversee all trainings and meetings in Central and regional offices, ensuring all administration activities are implemented well.
· Provides logistical support required for meetings, workshops, conferences, hotel accommodation, and travel
· Assist Accountants in preparation of payments as directed
· Travel from time-to time to regional offices independently and/or part of a team, to support administrative and programmatic objectives
· Maintain and manage distribution and use of office supply inventories
· Maintain service agreements with THPS contractors / providers of goods and services
· Oversee office cleanness, water, electricity, ensuring all are available in the central and field offices
· Prepare the report for administration and trainings for every month.
· Perform other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
· Bachelor degree in Public Administration, Business Administration, Management or equivalent will be an advantage
· Experience working with a non-governmental organization or international donor-funded program in an administrative role will be an added advantage.
Ability to provide logistical & administrative support to multiple projects
Excellent English and Swahili oral/written communication
Excellent interpersonal and management skills.
POSITION TITLE: Accountant
REPORTS TO: Senior Accountant
LOCATION: Dar Es Salaam
OVERALL JOB FUNCTION
To provide financial maintenance for Dar es Salaam and all THPS regional offices.
- To work as part of the team to achieve departmental objectives
- To maintain accurate bookkeeping records
- Will be involved in receiving, processing all invoices, issuing checks, entering cash receipts and disbursements data into various forms. Process expense forms and requests for payments from staff.
- To prepare and post transactions into paper-based and computer accounting systems.
- To validate invoices and ensure timely and accurate payment of those expenses
- Maintain accounts payable modules
- Ensure all Payments transactions and supporting documents are stamped PAID immediate after payment is done to avoid double payment
- Maintain control account for expenses with many transactions a month, such as air tickets to avoid double payments
- Ensure all Payments have proper supporting documents attached to the payment Vouchers
- Make arrangement for upcountry office payments, such as fund transfer to up country staff.
- Organize and travel to upcountry to effect big payments during trainings, seminars and meetings
- To prepare all travel advances and post into system
- To ensure adherence to THPS policies and procedures and donor financial management requirements.
- Maintain a separate memorandum of payments made to ensure we have enough cash flow in both account every month.
- Undertake banking activities for all bank accounts; checking balance, collecting bank statements, cashing checks
- Deal with daily transactions for the petty cash and ensure that reconciliations are completed on a weekly basis
- To ensure all filing is done in a timely and accurate manner
- To perform other duties as assigned
PREFFERED QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE
· The candidate must hold Advanced Diploma in Accountancy, or Bachelor degree in Finance or Accounting, Business Administration, or Corporate Management with CPA or ACCA certificate will be an advantage
· Minimum of three years working experience in finance or accounting position will be an added advantage.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS REQUIRED.
· Knowledge of donor funded project preferably USG financial policies and procedures.
· Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting and cost control.
· Skills in analyzing financial data and prepare financial reports.
· Strong analytical skills in applying accounting principles and ensure that best practices are observed.
· Knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems.
· Knowledge of federal and state financial regulations.
How to apply:
Interested applicants should apply through THPS website(www.thps.or.tz) using vacancy link located under career opportunities, attaching their application cover letter one page maximum and CV four pages maximum by November 18th 2016 with a subject line for example: Senior Administration Officer or Accountant. Only short listed applicants will be contacted. Please do not attach any certificates when submitting online.
THPS is an equal opportunity employer; women and people living with HIV/AIDS are encouraged to apply.