USAID Boresha Afya is a new s-year USAID-funded program for a comprehensive Health Service Delivery. The goal of USAID Boresha Afya is to improve the health status of all Tanzanians. Jhpiego leads the implementation of one of the 3 awards covering the lake and western zones -with an emphasis on women and children in targeted regions. The purpose is to support the GOT to increase access to high-quality, comprehensive and integrated health services, with a focus on malaria, maternal, newborn, child and reproductive health outcomes. The project scope covers 7 regions in the lake and western zones, national level, and Zanzibar.
Jhpiego is therefore seeking to recruit a team of experienced medical, public health, program, and finance professionals to implement this exciting new initiative.
Position Overview: The senior Program Officer will provide programmatic support and overall coordination to the technical team in the day-to-day implementation of USAID Boresha Afya Project activities at all levels. Based in Mwanza, slhe will also coordinate project operations and provide logistical support to implementation in project regions. The senior Program Officer will also coordinate the planning of field activities for efficient implementation and will support technical teams with timely reporting. Slhe will also be responsible for supporting the organization of all meetings and workshops, oversee preparation of activity budgets, initiating the procurement processfor various program supplies and equipment in alignment with the Jhpiego policies.
Position Reports To:Deputy Chief of Party
Positions Supervised: Program Assistants
- Provide overall organization and coordination of project activities across all technical areas (RM2NCH)
- Facilitate timely implementation of Project activities in project sits by leading the coordination of Project operations and logistical support.
- Collaborate and communicate with district-based stakeholders in the planning of field activities to ensure maximum service integration and quality improvement in
- RMNCAH activities.
- Work closely with Jhpiego Finance, Administration and Procurement teams to ensure timely implementation as well as adherence to donor and Jhpiego policies and procedures.
- Assist technical staff in the regions to prepare financial forms to advance/reimburse funds for on-going activities.
- Prepare and submit timely monthly and quarterly programmatic implementation plans as per the Project workplan as well as RMNCAH programmatic reports to Deputy Chief of Party.
- Support the programmatic team by organizing the central project filing system ensuring integrity of official documents including correspondences with the Ministry, donor and other partners.
- Support the Deputy COP and other managers to keep track and ensure access to
- Contracts and other documents for Project collaboration. \
- Contribute to documenting and dissemination of Project success stories during routine programming.
- Collect notes and reports of the Project's progress meetings for documentation and follow-up,
- Establish and maintain program management tools across project teams and field offices .
- Build capacity of program officers and program assistants in project coordination, organization and reporting
- Facilitate coordination among technical teams and other stakeholders .
- Archive primary project records and related events, meetings, press releases and I::::::: other technical and implementation documents
- Manage the Project Flesource Library, to regularly document scientific papers and abstracts in the project implementation areas and quantities of publications
- Assist to review process and reconcile payment documentation from trair program, technical and management staff as well as from consultants.
- Provide support in analysis of reports received from field sites, including final reports.
- Liaise with project consultants to facilitate arrangement for office space, secret assistance, special equipment, etc.
- Travel as appropriate to program sites to assist in program logistics, inclu financial arrangements, equipment and supply coordination and tr arrangements.
- In consultation with the project management, conduct regular update of partners stakeholders contacts lists and make it available to staff.
- Ensure materials needed for project activities including trainings are available ir
- Help ensure that required technical and administrative reports are submitted timely way.
- Assist with organization of meetings, field visits, and other activities.
- Assist with other programmatic and administrative duties as required.
- Assist in preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual work plans.
- Assist with gathering technical updates for program planning, training, compon of evaluations and other studies on related programs.
- Facilitate training Icapacity development of ministry and other partner staff
- Assist in the development of materials to include formatting, typesetting, content and finalization of the document ready to print
- Approve timesheets, managing annual reviews, approving annual leave and JEMS related supervisory activities
- Support sub-grantees in program and financial management and reporting.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor degree in Public Health, Social Sciences or Development Studie demonstrated equivalent through experience. [Master's degree preferred)
- 6years of work experience in a voluntary, public, private sector or NGO.
- Ability to coach, mentor and develop technical capacity in regional and nati programs and technical staff in the areas family planning, performance and qt, improvement
- Self-management is necessary (i.e. motivation, dealing with pressure, adaptabi
- Ability to communicate effectively, instilling trust and confidence.
- Ability to handle a variety of different assignments sometimes under pressure of deadlines. .
- Be cooperative, competent, hardworking flexible and d,ependable.
- Excellent verbal, written communications and presentation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, inspiring teamwork and .motivating fellow members, consultants and partners to achieve results.
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines intense pressure to perform.
- Computer literacy, particularly in the use of MS word, Excel and Powerf
- Excellent written and oral English and Kiswahili skills
- Experience with donor-fundedprograms
- Experienced in RMNCH service deliveries and management
To apply please indicate the position title on the envelope or subject line of your e-mail,
i.e. Application for Deputy Chief of Party. All applications should also include an
up-to-date CV with three contactable professional references, a cover letter 'and your
The application should be addressed to:
Director of Human Resource
Plot 72, Block 45B, New Bagamoyo Road - Victoria
PO Box 9170
. Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
OR send the application through email at: HRJZ@jhpiego.org
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The closing date for
applications is two weeks after the first appearance of this 'advert.
Caution to the applicants:
There have been some bogus adverts online that require candidates to apply through
some email addresses of public domains e.g. Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc. Kindly note:
HRTZ@jhpiego.org is the address to use all the time. Please ignore any of those
adverts. We also don't charge any application fee nor entertain any meetinqs or
telephone calls. If shortlisted you will get an official call from our office and receive
required steps. If you suspect any wrong - doing kindly write to the Director of Human