USAID Boresha Afya is a new s-year USAID-funded program for a comprehensive Health Service Delivery. The goal of USAID Boresha Afya is to improve the health status of all Tanzanians. Jhpiego leads the implementation of one of the 3 awards covering the lake and western zones -with an emphasis on women and children in targeted regions. The purpose is to support the GOT to increase access to high-quality, comprehensive and integrated health services, with a focus on malaria, maternal, newborn, child and reproductive health outcomes. The project scope covers 7 regions in the lake and western zones, national level, and Zanzibar.
Jhpiego is therefore seeking to recruit a team of experienced medical, public health, program, and finance professionals to implement this exciting new initiative.
Position Overview: The Service delivery Systems Advisorwill provide technical and project oversight in the design and day-to-day management of implementation of service delivery systems strengthening activities. Improve district management of human resources for health, health care financing (including coordination with the RBF initiative), management of essential RM2NCH commodities particularly their availability at the "last mile," safe blood availability for comprehensive emergency obstetric and newborn care (CEmONC) services, etc. Slhe will coordinate capacity-building for regional/district managers including in microplanning and prioritization of RM2NCH and adolescent health activities in comprehensive council health plans, to advocate for and obtain the adequate resources necessary for delivery of high-quality priority RM2NCAH services. This position will ensure the technical and methodological soundness of activities and, in collaboration with the project team and partners, support the design of service delivery strategies, based on sound and current scientific evidence.
Position Reports To: Senior Clinical Advisor/MNCH Technical Lead
- Strengthening of health delivery systems and processes that support primary clinic health care and community health service delivery including management of health facilities, equipment, human resources, management of health commodities, patient records etc.
- Coordinate with project staff to identify bottleneck to quality care and advise mechanisms to support R/CHMTs to improve delivery of RM2NCAH services at alllevels
- Engage and coordinate efforts for USAID Boresha Afya project to support efft:)ctive planning and budgeting for RMNCAH services through comprehensive council's health plans (CCHPs)
- Spearhead efforts to build leadership and management capacity to address health systems challenges at regional, district and facility level through evidence-based
- Ensure coordination and linkage with other initiatives to improve service delivery systems including BRN, RBF, and other capacity building projects in the lake andwestern zones
- Strengthen district-level decision-making and planning to address priority HSS challenges
- Work closely with the Ministry and other RMNCAH stakeholders to strengthen national
- health training system, including the clinical mentorship system
- Ensure adaptation of new evidence-based training approaches that focus on reducing service provider's time out of their stations, while improving the quality of care
- Facilitate dissemination and use of updated policies, protocols, standards and tools at all levels.
- Provide mentorship with a focus on quality assurance in training and service provision
- Serve as a trainer or co-facilitator in USAID Boresha Afya -sponsored courses in RM2NCAH services
- Design and deployment of relevant measures for reviewing performance across program sites in line with project and national standards
- Facilitate self-directed, needs-based learning by including ,self-learning as part of performance assessments
- Working with technical staff and structures to enhance continuum of care in RM2NCAH from facility to community.
- Improving delivery of quality primary healt~ care according to evidence-based standards throug~ training programs which address technical areas such as maternal and child health, family planning/reproductive health and malaria.
- Spearhead other USAID Boresha Afya technical teams to implement health system strengthening interventions relevant to USAID Boresha Afya mandate.
- Contribute to annual work planning and reporting requirements of the program
- Perform other duties as directed by the project leadership
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Master's degree in Public Health or related field, with medical background
- 7 years of first-hand experience in introduction or strengthening of health services, training, performance, organizational development and quality improvement
- Must have demonstrated significant knowledge of one or more of the following areas:
- Reproductive health, maternal health, child health, and/or malaria
- Demonstrated in-depth understanding of Tanzania healthcare system
- Previous experience with donor-funded projects preferred
- Computer literacy, particularly in the use of MS Office suite.
- Ability to synthesize information and utilize communication approaches to disseminate that information
- The ability to liaise with senior MOH officials and dignitaries, executives of NGOs, FBOs, CBOs, the for-profit business community, and senior members of the donor community;
- Strong oral and written communication and presentations skills in Kiswahili and Englist
- Proven track record working with a project team composed of several technical experts and fostering team work
- Ability to travel up to 40% time
To apply please indicate the position title on the envelope or subject line of your e-mail,
i.e. Application for Deputy Chief of Party. All applications should also include an
up-to-date CV with three contactable professional references, a cover letter 'and your
salary history. The application should be addressed to:
Director of Human Resource
Plot 72, Block 45B, New Bagamoyo Road - Victoria
PO Box 9170
. Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
OR send the application through email at: HRJZ@jhpiego.org
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The closing date for
applications is two weeks after the first appearance of this 'advert.
Caution to the applicants:
There have been some bogus adverts online that require candidates to apply through
some email addresses of public domains e.g. Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc. Kindly note:
HRTZ@jhpiego.org is the address to use all the time. Please ignore any of those
adverts. We also don't charge any application fee nor entertain any meetinqs or
telephone calls. If shortlisted you will get an official call from our office and receive
required steps. If you suspect any wrong - doing kindly write to the Director of Human