USAID Boresha Afya is a new s-year USAID-funded program for a comprehensive Health Service Delivery. The goal of USAID Boresha Afya is to improve the health status of all Tanzanians. Jhpiego leads the implementation of one of the 3 awards covering the lake and western zones -with an emphasis on women and children in targeted regions. The purpose is to support the GOT to increase access to high-quality, comprehensive and integrated health services, with a focus on malaria, maternal, newborn, child and reproductive health outcomes. The project scope covers 7 regions in the lake and western zones, national level, and Zanzibar.
Jhpiego is therefore seeking to recruit a team of experienced medical, public health, program, and finance professionals to implement this exciting new initiative.
position Overview: Based in Kagera and Mara Regions, the RMNH Technical Officer will provide technical and programmatic support in MNCH, including postpartum family planning (PPFP). Slhe will ensure the technical and methodological soundness of activities at service delivery and will be expected to support the design of service delivery strategies including malaria in pregnancy (MiP) and family planning (FP), based on sound and current scientific evidence in collaboration with the USAID Boresha Afya Project team and other partners in the region(s).
Position Reports To: Technical Advisor, Reproductive, Maternal and Neonatal Health
- Provide technical support in implementing RMNH strategies and interventions across USAID Boresha Afya.
- In collaboration with RHMT, CHMTs and other partners'implement and evaluate strategies to improve the knowledge, skills and attitudes of RMNH providers
- Keep up-to-date on developments within USAID Boresha Afya approaches and facilitate application in the region with other technical staff
- Coordinate trainings and outreach activities related to RMNH in collaboration with regional and district health management teams
- Support interventions for fever management in under five children
- In collaboration with technical advisor, provide technical leadership on lead Malaria in pregnancy and family planning interventions
- Represent the interests of USAID Boresha Afya in the region, districts, facilities and communities and beyond through meetings, workshops and conferences.
- Contribute as necessary in work planning and budgeting for the project
- Ensure that program implementation follows both Jhpiego's and national standards
- Ensure integration of RMNH services at all levels of implementation and reporting
- Facilitate capacity building on RMNH with other USAID Boresha Afya staff, Ministry trainers and health workers
- Ensure performance and quality improvement approaches in clinical sites as approved by the MOHCDGEC
- Build capacity of RMNH regional, districts and facility based supervisors and service providers through mentorship and periodic assessments guided by the Program PMP
- Provide technical assistance to the regional and lower level facilities through mentorship and coaching to service providers on areas relevant with RMNCH services
- Ensure proper documentation of USAID Boresha Afya project developments and generated information in appropriate format including success stories and reports
- Perform other duties as directed by the supervisor
Qualifications and Requirements:
- A degree in clinical medicine or the equivalent
- At least 5 years of work experience in clinical settings, including in RMNCH services.
- Be an excellent classroom and clinical trainer with atleast 3years' experience in clinical training
- Self-management is necessary (Le. motivation, dealing with pressure, adaptability).
- Ability to communicate effectively, instilling trust and confidence.
- Ability to handle different assignments sometimes under pressure of deadlines.
- Be cooperative, competent, hardworking, flexible and dependable.
- A good clinical couch and mentor.
- A team player, willing to assist teams in the implementation of programs where necessary and as requested
- Good interpersonal skills.
To apply please indicate the position title on the envelope or subject line of your e-mail,
i.e. Application for Deputy Chief of Party. All applications should also include an
up-to-date CV with three contactable professional references, a cover letter 'and your
The application should be addressed to:
Director of Human Resource
Plot 72, Block 45B, New Bagamoyo Road - Victoria
PO Box 9170
. Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
OR send the application through email at: HRJZ@jhpiego.org
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The closing date for
applications is two weeks after the first appearance of this 'advert.
Caution to the applicants:
There have been some bogus adverts online that require candidates to apply through
some email addresses of public domains e.g. Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc. Kindly note:
HRTZ@jhpiego.org is the address to use all the time. Please ignore any of those
adverts. We also don't charge any application fee nor entertain any meetinqs or
telephone calls. If shortlisted you will get an official call from our office and receive
required steps. If you suspect any wrong - doing kindly write to the Director of Human