Maxcom Africa Limited is an ICT Integration Company owned by native
Tanzanians based in Dar es Salaam. Maxcom is among companies Vetted by
the Commission of Science and Technology (COSTECH) and operates under
the commissions ICT incubator (DarTeknohama Business Incubator - DTBI).
Maxcom Africa Ltd vision is to facilitate the transformation of African
economy from cash based to electronic wallet based economy and
increasing access and use of financial transactions over wireless networks.
Maxcom Africa Limited provides and equal opportunity and fair treatmentin
employment regardless their race, colour, gender, religion, age or disability.
The company seeks to appoint dedicated, self motivated and highly
organized and qualified candidates to fill below positions in Tanzania;
1. THE COUNTRY DIRECTOR-- (1 post)
JOB SUMMARY: The Country Director has the overall responsibility for the
strategic leadership and direction of Maxcom Africa Ltd Business in Tanzania
to achieve the organizational vision, mission and objectives. The Country
Director is the senior most executive position responsible for the business
and operational management in Tanzania.
She/he represents Maxcom Africa Itd with Government, Local and
international Organizations in Tanzania. She/he will take a leading role in
developing, overseeing implementation, reviewing and monitoring of the
Country Maxcom Business strategy and ensuring the same in line with the
Maxcom Africa Itd strategic direction sand overall thematic focus.
The Country Director is responsible for developing new Business initiatives,
new partnerships and maintaining existing partnerships and actively lead
key phases of ongoing Business. The Country Director will be responsible to
ensure maintenance and adherence to the Maxcom Africa ltd organizational
culture including implementation of the policies and development issues.
She/he is responsible to promote smooth running of the Country Business
and its overall financial and human resources management.
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT AND OPERATIONS
l. Provide oversight to all Business Development and operations in the
Country, receiving reports daily from the Director of Business
Development, Director of Technical Operations' and Director of
Operations or any other related person.
2. Lead in the development of the Country Maxcom Africa Itd Business
providing sound methodological and technical support to ensure use
of participatory methodologies and operational framework as per the
Company organizational thematic alignment and approach,
3. Coordinate the Country participatory annual planning and budgeting
as perthe company guidelines. Recommend the budgeting process on
a continual basis through education of departmental Directors on
financial issues impacting their budgets.
4. Promote a participatory approach in working and create space in the
structure for the secretariat participation and involvement in decision
5. Oversee and coordinate the Business portfolio to ensure the highest
level of quality and accountability is maintained.
6. Lead the development, implementation and monitoring of research
and advocacy plan on issues of relevance in the country Maxcom Africa
Itd ICT Business and policy priorities.
7. Participate in national and international campaigns in line with the
marketing and promotion of Maxcom Africa Ltd Business and other
. 8. Facilitate trainings, researches, and learning of innovative modern
techniques in the business relevant-to the country.
9. Ensure development of tools to enhance systems and processes for
monitoring activities, results and impact assessment at Country level.
,10.. Provide continuous monitoring and support to the secretariat of the
new projects and existing business, coordinate program reviews,
evaluations, and follow up implementation and evaluation findings in
collaboration with the compliance officers and departmental
l l. Coordinate the production of timely quality reports in line with
Maxcom Africa ltd Business requirements.
STRATEGY DEVELOPMENT AND IMPLEMENTATION
1. Provide Leadership in the development and implementation of the
Maxcom Africa Ltd Business strategy in line with the overall Strategic
Plan and the context in the country/region
2. Facilitate the alignment of Maxcom Africa Ltd Business to strategic
organizational thematic priorities and accountability mechanisms
provided in the Maxcom Africa Itd operational framework.
3. Provide leadership for the dissemination of Maxcom Africa Ltd values,
vision and mission at the country level and lead, direct and mentor the
country Business and its secretariat in line with the organizational
4. Keep abreast on socio-economic and political changes in the
environment and undertake timely strategic review of the Maxcom
Business Strategies ensuring continued relevance in the rapidly
changing ICT technological environment.
5. Maintain close communication with the Secretariat on relevant factors
and changes in the business environment. Together with the Director
General at Headquarters, ensure that Maxcom Africa Ltd implements
policies, procedures, operational guidelines and standards within the
Maxcom Africa Ltd framework.
1. Provide oversight to all financial services in the Country, receiving
financial reports daily from the Director of Finance or any other related
2. Ensure effective implementation and compliance with the overall
Finance & guidance Manual and compliance with procedures required
by grant or contract agreements.
3. Oversee the development and implementation of annual country
4. Optimize the handling of bank and deposit relationships and initiate
appropriate strategies to enhance cash position. Provide technical
financial advice and knowledge to others within the financial
5. Ensure that adequate internal control mechanisms are in place ..
6. Ensure adequate mechanisms are in place for budget monitoring and
review and minimize significant expenditure variances.
7. Review accuracy of accounts and carry out periodic checks on financial
8. Monitor the timely delivery of quality accounts and comment.
9. Oversee annual and project-specific audit processes within the
10. Ensure the preparation, accuracy and timely submission of financial
reports that comply with all aspects of Maxcom Africa Itd financial
11. Check and verify all inventories and promote efficient management of
HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGEMENT AND ORGANIZATIONAL
1. In close collaboration with the Director of Human Resources or any
other related person.
2. Provide oversight to all administrative services in the Country,
receiving Human Resource administrative reports daily from the
Director of Human Resource or any other related person.
3. Provide leadership support to Country secretariat and promote best
practices in human resources management.
4. Coordinate regular reviews and update of the human resources
policies and procedures for the country and ensure compliance with
the overall human resources management policies and manuals in
accordance to the National Labour Laws.
5. Oversee adequate implementation of the performance management
system including performance objectives and planning, review,
appraisal and staff development.
6. Coordinate the development of employee development plan in line
with strategic directions of Maxcom Africa Ltd in the Country.
7. Oversee and monitor efficiency and fairness of recruitment processes
across Maxcom Africa Ltd Business in the country.
8. Provide Coaching and Counseling advice to employees when
necessary and lead initiatives to develop employee capacity.
9. Organize regular meetings with the senior management team and all
employees for the purpose of exchanging information, coordination
10.Ensure that the country senior management team is effective, mutually
supporting and sufficiently involved in decision making.
REPRESENTATION OF MAXCOM
Represent Maxcom Africa Ltd in the Country and be responsible for the
management of host country relations and Maxcom Africa Ltd interests in
dealing with government, international and local organisations, networks
and media in the Country.
Represent Maxcom Africa Itd in strategic meetings, conferences,
forums and other public events and contribute towards
consolidating and raising the profile of Maxcom Africa Ltd.
Develop and strengthen relationships with corporate business and
networks establishing national and regional strategic relations and
alliances with partners and stakeholders working in common
cause with Maxcom Africa Ltd objectives.
Maintain good partnerships relations at National and International
Promote Maxcom Africa Ltd organizational identity and capacity to
all stakeholders and partners in the Country and ensure the
company remains relevant to the changing needs of the people in
INFORMATION, COMMUNICATION AND LEARNING
Ensure that the programme is maintaining a coordinated and
agreed information exchange both internally and in its dealing with external parties
Ensure that key programme documents (strategy programme
document, projects proposals, research, reports, etc) are internally
shared with the Secretariat and agreed upon before
communicating to donors and other external parties
Ensure that all communication infrastructures are set up in the
programme and smooth information flow is maintained.
Ensure that experiences and best practices are documented and
shared across the organization.
SUPERVISION & COLLABORATION
The Country Director is under direct supervision of the Director General
seating at the Head quarters of Maxcom Africa Ltd in Dar es Salaam .
RELATIONSHIPS WITH OTHERS
She/he will work in collaboration with secretariat in various sections .Director of Technical operations, Director of Operations, Director of Business
Development, Director of Human Resoerces and Director of finance and all
other team members.
Supervision: Works independently under the supervision of Director General
and within approved strategy and policy guidelines.
Decision Making: Has full responsibility of decisions at country level in line
with approved policy.
Responsibility over assets: Overall responsibilityforthe Country budget, all
company resources and assets.
Responsibility over Secretariat: All Country staffs and employees.
Minimum Requirements: Education /Qualification
- Minimum Masters degree in Business Studies and Management.
- Administration and management studies or other related discipline.
- Additional extensive training in at least one of the areas of Maxcom Africa Ltd Thematic ICT Business.
Relevant Work Experience
- Minimum 8 years demonstrated working experience in Business Management development, implementation and evaluation; 4years of which should be at senior management level.
- Progressive experience of Business management (at least 5 years) in the related sector in Africa with a proven track record as a senior manager and leader, including experience in developing and implementing strategic plans.
- A strong understanding of managing similar Business operations in the developing world, preferably within the ICT development sector with hands-on experience in implementing a national-wide based programmes.
- Proven experience in developing Business proposals development from concept note to full proposal and experience in devetoping Biddings Contracts and other innovative strateqies of resource mobilization with a proven record.
- Knowledge and Experience managing compliance to complex and diverse business networks. .
- Proven experience as representative of a leading Business in a country.
- Demonstrable network of contacts and high standing in his/her profession with proven record of building and managing effective partnerships and strategic alliances.
- Strong Person and financial Management skills.
Key Skills /Knowledge/Competencies
- An understanding of and commitment to Maxcom Africa Itd mission and values.
- Familiarity with ICT technological development is preferred.
- Knowledge of current thinking on ICT Business development, demonstrable ability to anticipate emerging needs and integrate them swiftly into ICT priority setting.
- Demonstrated initiative and creativity; and substantial experience of strategic thinking, including identifying, analyzing, problem solving and responding to opportunities and challenges and the ability to translate these into practical plans of action.
- Well established and practiced organizational and planning skills; and extensive knowledge and experience of project cycle • management including using project planning and management key tools (e.g Logical Framework analysis etc)
- Good knowledge of financial management and accounting and budget holding principles
- Strong management and organizational skills, including comfort in delegating authority and responsibility.
- Excellent interpersonal & negotiation skills, including ability to effectively lead and build a team, communicate a vision, make timely and transparent decisions, solve problems and manage conflict
- Proven people management skills in a multi-cultural environment and strong track record of developing people.
- Demonstrated Leadership and Management skills that effectively motivate employees and support team building; demonstrated ability to manage a professional team in a multi-cultural environment; and build teams.
- Demonstrated ability to undertake high-level representation and advocacy.
- Fluency in one of Maxcom Africa ltd country's working languages. Excellent communications skills, both oral and written (excellent report & proposal writing), including public speaking.
- Computer literate and Proficient in Microsoft Office including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook;
- Willingness and ability to travel nationally and internationally
Other Desirable skills and Competencies
- Bilingual in any of the three Maxcom Africa ltd languages
- Previous experience in management in a similar post
- Experience in knowledge of one of Maxcom's core themes and in advocacy programmes
- Developed ability of raising the profile of the company, strategically networking with government agencies, Corporate
- Business and other international agencies, and using the media as appropriate.
- Ability to handle a large workload, work under pressure, independently and with limited supervision
- Experience of working in a fast changing environment
- Adaptation skills: work in a multicultural environment
- Decision-making and problem solving skills
SALARY - JOB SCALE.
HOW TO APPLY: interested and qualified candidates should drop their
application letter with their resume and Photostat copies of their
testimonials to Maxcom Africa Ltd Office, Ground Floor at MILLENIUM
TOWER - Makumbusho Area, Bagamoyo Road Dar es salaam. Or send via
email to the following email address email@example.com
The applications to be addressed to-
THE HUMAN RESOURCE DIRECTOR,
MAXCOM AFRICA LTD,
P.O. BOX 31211,
OAR ES SALAAM.
Closing date: Saturday, 19th November 2016 at 4.00pm. Only short listed i
candidates will be contacted.