"Sometimes in life there is that moment when it's possible to" make a change for the better. This is one of those moments."
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation is a global leader in the fight against pediatric HIV and AIDS, working in 16 countries and at over 7,000 sites around the world to prevent the transmission of HIV. to children, and to help those already infected. Today, because of the highly successful work of the Foundation and its partners, pediatric AID&has been virtually eliminated in the United States. With a growing global staff of over 1,000-nine of 10 who work in the field-the Foundation's global mission is to implement prevention, care, and treatment; further advance innovative research; and to execute strategic and targeted global advocacy activities to bring dramatic Change to the lives of millions of women, children, and families worldwide.
The Training and capacity building Coordinator is a self-motivated and
committed individual who will be responsible to oversee and coordinate
implementation of Training and Capacity Building activities within EGPAF
Tanzania. The coordinator will oversee the overall planning, implementation !
and monitoring of capacity building activities and innovatively advice and lead
approaches aiming at improving the human resource capacity of EGPAF staff
and districts. In order to be successful in this role, the incumbent will be
required to work with various team at country office, HQ staff, travel and meet
regularly with field and districts staff for providing TA that might be required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Manage, coordinated and lead implementation of project training and
capacity building related activities planned for EGPAF and government
• Provide technical assistance in harmonizing training activities of various
partners including RHMTs, CHMTs and other IPs to ensure they are
conducted in accordance with the Tanzania Policy Guidelines and
- Solicit and share updated materials and information related to national guidelines, policy, SOPs from the MOHCDGEC and other related government entities and disseminate to EGPAF staff
• Collaborate with the MOHCDGEC to support planning and implementation
of BRN initiative
• Provide TA to EGPAF teams to be able to support RHMTs/CHMTs to
develop capacity building activities and districts priorities that will need to
be integrated into CCHPs
• Perform other relevant program related duties as assigned by the
Education and Experience
• MD, AMO or RN with 2-5 years of experience working in RCH, HIV/AIDS
programs and international health.
• At least 2 years of proven project management experience in the design,
administration, management and implementation of health programs in
Tanzania, including supervision and reporting
• Masters in Public Health or other Masters would be an advantage.
Essential Skills and Knowledge:
• Skills and knowledge in program sustainability, capacity building, quality of
care assessment and assurance tools.
• Knowledge and Skills in Adult Learning and on HIV prevention and care,
particularly on MTCT, is required.
Excellent analytical, oral and written communication skills.
• Energetic, pro-active, independent and self-motivated
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills
• Ability to manage multiple priorities and projects while working as part of a
• Experience in Project Management.
• Good knowledge of basic IT Skills(email, Internet, Word, etc.).
HOW TO APPLY
EGPAF is an equal opportunities employer and-the position is open to all
Qualified candidates should submit a CV, cover letter and relevant Certificates
explaining how the experience detailed in the CV will contribute to the
requirements of the position and references to EGPAF.
Submissions to be sent to:
The Human Resource Manager,
Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric Aids Foundation,
P.O. BOX 1628,
Oysterbay, Haile Selasie Road Plot # 8 & 10,
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
Or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date:30thNovember, 2016.