The Aga Khan Foundation (AKF) is a private, non-denominational, international development agency promoting creative and effective solutions to selected problems that impede social and economic development in parts of Africa and Asia. AKF- Tanzania is part of the AKF-East Africa regional structure that supports programmes in Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda. In Tanzania, AKF is managing a robust and expanding portfolio of multi-sectorial initiatives that includes programmes in rural economic development, education, early childhood development, health, nutrition, and civil society strengthening. In the education sector, AKF's portfolio in Tanzania includes projects on strengthening pre-primary and primary education system and community engagement to support education of children
AKF is looking for a dynamic professional to take on the role of the Education Coordinator, responsible for the successful planning, delivery, and coordination of all education interventions delivered under the USAlD funded Caring for Children and Empowering Young People (C2EYP) programme in Dar es Salaam as well as providing wider technical support to education focal people across the country. Working within a consortium team and with wider management team, the Education Coordinator's role will include project management, delivering capacity development workshops on school planning, providing technical support to government and CSO delivery partners on school planning and supporting transition of girls from primary to secondary schools, and leading on financial compliance and report writing. The Education Coordinator is responsible for effective and efficient delivery, project quality, and donor compliance on education component of C2EYP.
Principle accountabilities include:
Specific responsibilities include:
- •Effectively plan and deliver the education project activities and coordinate effective implementation
- Provide technical expertise using the most up-to-date evidence base in primary and secondary education, school planning, and community engagement
- Responsible for financial oversight, management of the education budget under C2EYP and ensuring compliance with donor and AKF regulations and procedures
- Work within and coordinate across a number of partners working within a consortium,
- Use data to inform project implementation and make necessary adaptations and work with AKF technical team and consultants to conduct targeted studies to develop a more in-depth understanding of programme quality
- Develop and deliver capacity development workshops to Zonal teams.
- Reporting and maintaining working relationships with donor, government, partner agencies and NGOs (as
- applicable) under guidance from AKF.
- Representing the project to relevant local authorities and organisations.
The ideal candidate will have:
1. Minimum Master's degree in education, international development or the equivalent;
2. At least eight years of solid experience working in education programming and international development;
3. Experience of working with teams in remote locations and experience of working in a consortium of partners;
. 4. Proven experience in managing USAlD projects;
5. Demonstrated capacity to write high quality reports;
6. Exceptional written and verbal skills in English. Knowledge ofKiswahili will be an advantage;
7. Positive communication and organisation skills;
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, CV (not exceeding four pages) and the names and contact information of three referees before close of business on Friday 16th December 2016, to the Country Director, Aga Khan Foundation, Tanzania, bye-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org Please mention the title of the position in your email and do not attach
any document other than the CV and cover letter.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.