Workers Compensation Fund (WCF) is a Social Security Scheme established in accordance with Section 5 of the Workers Compensation Act (Cap 263 R.E of 2015). The main purpose for the establishment of the Fund is to provide for adequate and equitable compensation for employees who suffer occupational injuries or contract occupational diseases arising out of, and in the course of their employment and in case of death, for their dependants. The Fund started its operations on 1 stJuly 201 5. All employers in the public and private sectors in Mainland Tanzania are compulsorily required to contribute to the Fund.
The objectives of the Fund are:
i) Provision of adequate and equitable compensation to beneficiaries when employees suffer occupational injuries or contract occupational diseases.
ii Rehabilitation of employees who have suffered occupational injuries or have contracted
occupational diseases in order to assist in restoring their health, independence and participation in society.
iii) Providing for a framework for effective, prompt and empathetic consideration, settlement and payment of compensation benefits to employees and their dependants.
iv) Providing for the legal framework for contributions to and payments from the Fund, control
and administration of assets of the Fund.
v)Giving effect to international obligations with respect to workers' compensation.
vi) Promotion of prevention of accidents and occupational diseases.
The Fund invites applications from qualified and motivated candidates who are computer literate to
fill the following vacant positions:
PRINCIPAL INTERNAL AUDITOR II -1 POST
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assisting in the planning, performance and reporting of audit findings in accordance with proved Annual Internal Audit Plan.
- Carrying out internal audit assignments and prepare draft audit report for submission to the Head of Internal Audit Unit. -
- Making follow up on implementation of audit recommendations.
- Assisting in conducting information system audit.
- Reviewing assignments carried out by subordinate staff together with their working papers to be certain that adequate documentation has been gathered and that the documentation provide an adequate basis for reporting.
- Assisting in capacity building of subordinate internal audit staff.
- Reviewing compliance with the Fund's Act, policies, and procedures as well as compliance to country's laws and regulations.
- Reviewing operational activities and utilization offunds in the Fund.
- Verifying various matters including control over unused documents and insurance cover for all types of risks.
- Preparing Audit programmes and supervision of audit team.
- Providing on the job training and guidance to junior staff.
- Performing any other related duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Holder of a Master Degree in Auditing~ Accounting, Finance, Business Administration (majoring in
Accountancy) or equivalent' qualification from a recognised institution who holds CPA (T) or
equivalent professional qualifications recognized by NBAA with working experience of at least
seven (7) years in related field.
NB: GENERAL CONDITIONS
(i) All applicants must be Citizens of Tanzania and not above 45 years old.
(ii) Applicants must attach an up-to-date current Curriculum Vitae (CV) \
having reliable contact, postal address, e-mail and telephone numbers.
(iii) Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in thi
(iv) Applicants mu§t attach their detailed relevant certified copies of academi
• Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma/Certificates.
• Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma transcripts.
• Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates .
• Professional certificates from respective boards
(v) Result slips/transcripts submitted without relevant certificates will not b
(vi) Presentation of forged academic certificates and other information in th
CV will necessitate to legal action.
(vii) Applicants who have/were retired from the Public Service for whatever
reason should not apply.
(viii) Applicants should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts.
(ix) Certificates from foreign examination bodies for ordinary or advanced level educatic
should be certified by The National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA).
(x) Certficates from foreign Universities should be verified by The
Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU).
(xi) The attachments shall include one recent passport size photos; certified copies,
academic certificates and the applicanfs birth certificate.
(xii) Deadline for application is 15th December 2016,17.00 hours.
(xiii) Applicants with special needs/case (disability) are supposed to indicate
(xiv) Women are highly encouraged to apply.
(xv) Only short listed candidates will be informed on a date for interview.
(xvi) Application letters should be written in Swahili or English.
(xvii) All applications must be sent through Workers Compensation Fund address belm
Workers Compensation Fund,
6th Floor, GEPF House, Regent Estate, Bagamoyo Road,
DAR ES SALAAM