Workers Compensation Fund (WCF) is a Social Security Scheme established in accordance with Section 5 of the Workers Compensation Act (Cap 263 R.E of 2015). The main purpose for the establishment of the Fund is to provide for adequate and equitable compensation for employees who suffer occupational injuries or contract occupational diseases arising out of, and in the course of their employment and in case of death, for their dependants. The Fund started its operations on 1 stJuly 201 5. All employers in the public and private sectors in Mainland Tanzania are compulsorily required to contribute to the Fund.
The objectives of the Fund are:
i) Provision of adequate and equitable compensation to beneficiaries when employees suffer occupational injuries or contract occupational diseases.
ii Rehabilitation of employees who have suffered occupational injuries or have contracted
occupational diseases in order to assist in restoring their health, independence and participation in society.
iii) Providing for a framework for effective, prompt and empathetic consideration, settlement and payment of compensation benefits to employees and their dependants.
iv) Providing for the legal framework for contributions to and payments from the Fund, control
and administration of assets of the Fund.
v)Giving effect to international obligations with respect to workers' compensation.
vi) Promotion of prevention of accidents and occupational diseases.
The Fund invites applications from qualified and motivated candidates who are computer literate to
fill the following vacant positions:
PROCUREMENT OFFICER GRADE I -1 POST
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collecting quotations from different suppliers/producers.
- Receiving requisitions from user departments.
- Preparing purchase orders.
- Processing requisitions and replenishment requisitions.
- Participating in preparing tendering documents and advertisements of tender opportunities.
- Participating in preparing contract documents in collaboration with Legal Services Unit.
- Assisting in maintaining records of the procurement and disposal process of the Fund.
- Assisting in maintaining a list of contracts awarded.
- Carrying out research to ascertain the best products and suppliers in terms of best value, delivery schedules and quality.
- Assisting in liaising between suppliers, manufacturers, relevant internal departments and customers.
- Assisting in maintaining contract files.
- Participating in forecasting price trends and their impact on future activities. , '
- Assisting in evaluating bids and making recommendations based on Commercial and technical factors.
- Performing any other related duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Holder of a Bachelor Degree in Procurement and Supplies, Materials Management, Logistics Management, Business Administration, Commerce (majoring in Procurement and Supplies) or equivalent qualification from recognised institution with working experience of at least three (3) years in related field.
Attractive remuneration package in accordance with the Fund's Salary
NB: GENERAL CONDITIONS
(i) All applicants must be Citizens of Tanzania and not above 45 years old.
(ii) Applicants must attach an up-to-date current Curriculum Vitae (CV) \
having reliable contact, postal address, e-mail and telephone numbers.
(iii) Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in thi
(iv) Applicants mu§t attach their detailed relevant certified copies of academi
• Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma/Certificates.
• Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma transcripts.
• Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates .
• Professional certificates from respective boards
(v) Result slips/transcripts submitted without relevant certificates will not b
(vi) Presentation of forged academic certificates and other information in th
CV will necessitate to legal action.
(vii) Applicants who have/were retired from the Public Service for whatever
reason should not apply.
(viii) Applicants should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts.
(ix) Certificates from foreign examination bodies for ordinary or advanced level educatic
should be certified by The National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA).
(x) Certficates from foreign Universities should be verified by The
Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU).
(xi) The attachments shall include one recent passport size photos; certified copies,
academic certificates and the applicanfs birth certificate.
(xii) Deadline for application is 15th December 2016,17.00 hours.
(xiii) Applicants with special needs/case (disability) are supposed to indicate
(xiv) Women are highly encouraged to apply.
(xv) Only short listed candidates will be informed on a date for interview.
(xvi) Application letters should be written in Swahili or English.
(xvii) All applications must be sent through Workers Compensation Fund address belm
Workers Compensation Fund,
6th Floor, GEPF House, Regent Estate, Bagamoyo Road,
DAR ES SALAAM